Making third intake on 66cc.......................

no matter where the original design came from I am glad its crappyness forced me to research and test to the max. It's been a great journey and I'm still learning.

Well, that explains it then, because the British have always made a good mechanics dream of hardware. Don't get me wrong, because the my first ever car I ever had was a Triumph TR6. I then had a Jaguar XJ12L, and then you learned very quick how to turn a wrench! (It even had cooling fans for the battery) ?

But it's true that the less moving parts you have on engine, the better off you'll be. That's why I really like fooling around with these 2/strokes. The powerband is where you can make or break your success rate! Especially anything made in china!!

If we're talking about the generic Chinese bicycle engine, I can tell you, it's not a British design. Our moped manufacturers ended up under the Raleigh umbrella and using licence built Mobylette engines.

Could it have been a Husqvarna or something that the Russians copied, or shock horror, could they have designed it themselves?

lol, that could be? Once again, that might explain alot of issues then.............Anyway, I have a goal to see just how long I can keep this MAJOR power house going, while still enjoying?!!~

(Isn't HUSQVARNA german?) ............just asking?

Last edited:
Husqvarna are Swedish. Or at least were, they went belly up, and I have a vague notion they're made in Italy now. But I'm too idle to find out.

1955 Russian LMZ:

58verhov.jpg

There's the Cheb, 1939 from Russia, looks like the same engine as above, which to my eye bears a resemblance to the D motors:

39eska98.jpg

And this Husqvarna from 1938:

14598689390.jpg

Whether the D is a pirated late 30s Husqvarna, or there was even collaboration on it, I don't know.

Back