Modified Chinese motors?

While the stock 35-49cc have some amazing power for the size and are just nice VERY reliable power plants, they really can't hold a match to a built and tuned modified HT 67cc 2 stroke for power to road.

I'm not saying this to brag on the HT engine by any means - I'm saying I'd like to modify a 49cc 4 stroke!!:unsure::helmet:

No doubt, and not to deny the performance aspect but comparing a stock 35-49cc to a built and tuned modified 67cc is akin to comparing a stock sedan to a muscle car.

Of course, "power to road" won't be the only criterion in our choices.
A 67cc MB is illegal in most states where the regs define a moped as under 50ccs, in some cases under 35ccs.

Also, legally speaking, the engines listed above have the benefit of being already approved for EPA and CARBII standards, something the fed EPA is currently kicking around adopting nationally.

HybriDude's MB holy grail MB

And who the heck is this EPA ? God

But there is a dark hidden risk from an investors point of view.

Three elements HybriDude
1.Inovators/Architects/Ideas
2.Builders/Skills
3.Investors

1 & 2 is most of us here but can't do 3 all that well.
3 can't do 1 & 2.

Usually is seems 2 & 3 team up and leave 1 out when 1 and 2 had it good.

Eventually the fad will fade away, 3 will divorce 2 and 2 will reconcile with 1, but 1 is much the wiser.

3 will look for another 1 & 2, and on it goes.

There is 4, that entity controls 1,2 and 3. hence a probable risk, cos 4 could be the Govs. and the Govs. know many many 3's
And all want a piece of the action.
3 hover around 1 & 2 and when they get a whiff of a good idea by 1, they might reach into their pockets for some loose change.

While the stock 35-49cc have some amazing power for the size and are just nice VERY reliable power plants, they really can't hold a match to a built and tuned modified HT 67cc 2 stroke for power to road.

I'm not saying this to brag on the HT engine by any means - I'm saying I'd like to modify a 49cc 4 stroke!!:unsure::helmet:
MBs don't need more power except on the race track.

A good idea would be to grab that empty space that the electric-assisted bicycles can't fill - long distance/heavy duty bicycle up to 30 mph.

Pablo: A lightweight, EPA-compliant MB to about 1.5 kW (2 HP) that can be ridden like a bicycle without knocking the inside of your legs on engine parts would be the holy grail of MBs. Could you do that with a 35cc mini-4stroke as Happy Valley suggests?

Back