Motobecane 500ht + CY460R + SBP freewheel

Well I see this as of right now
IMG_20160301_203947268.jpg

So I can't see it functioning at all. In desperate need of correct hardware :( though I may have found an option with coupler nuts. I need to investigate the Ace hardware and home depot for what's available locally, before ordering online. Or making my own bolts with threaded rod and spacers! Crap I was hopeful that the bolts needed were readily available :( as it seems I'll need to put all this together with online purchased hardware.

Yeah! I found the bolts/spacers at the ace hardware. M5 x 40mm bolts and #10 1" spacers did the trick I hope. If I need to go further I think I'll need a custom spacer made!

So I'm gonna get the motor mounted in the morning, then address the throttle linkage and improper mount straps that came with my 3.5L fuel tank. Then I can get some old school bean oil and mix up the break in fuel.

Start up video will not be too long ;)

Last edited:
I decided to leave the right side shifter alone and use the left side as a thumb throttle. All I need to do is lock the release lever open or remove the lock cog from the internals, then make a short cable housing and affix the cable to the linkage.

Man I wish that someone made an 8spd left side trigger shifter. I'd like to have a twist throttle on the right "correct" side lol.

I got it mounted this morning, and the throttle cable connected. I need to get some tank mount plates and possibly beef up the mount plate " the 7 inch channel is really thin gauge steel " there's more movement than I'd like when I tension the drive chain by hand.
IMG_20160303_133708604.jpg

IMG_20160303_133759085.jpg

I love the setup and the big tank. Let us know how she rides and the speed.

Well thank you! I really have put in a lot of time thinking this setup over, built with some kit parts but this is no ones kit. I wish that I had gone with the belt reduction so it wasn't as wide, but this is the most cost effective option. I built this shifter for less than $900 including the extra hardware and new bike/motor/drive components. I will add a sturmey 5spd soon but I think I did good, KCvale wants $1500 for a 4 stroke shifter of this caliber. I think having his knowledge to do this is worth the cost if you don't have the means yourself though.

"Moto 2.0" or the "Double Indian" i may name it... Made its maiden voyage yesterday. Got about 1/2 a mile, functioning beautifully. Down shifted while slowing and the motor chain fell off. I knew that mount flexed too much! so I made a tensioner. I can make it manual or spring loaded, but this was kinda cool.

I found a piece of steel I had made to mount an expansion pipe to a goped, but that goped was built nearly 20yrs ago?!? I had forgotten about those parts and found some good old memories in that box.

Anyway, this kinda specific piece I made for another application is absolutely perfect to use as a tension arm for this purpose. Pics will follow in the AM. I still need to mount it

It lives! I have been riding for an hour or so getting used to the shifter and speed matching shifts. The pedal chain needs shortened cause its jumping off on the down shifts. Other than that and the motor chain needing replaced " i used old chain and some new and its having issues " its been great otherwise. 30 mph is what its doing in 3rd but I'm not pushing it hard yet. Only been WOT when I tuned the carb before the ride. The over all feel of this motor is pretty awesome. I'm super pleased.

So you're happy with it. I find my pocket bike motor on bike goes a lot better then a 66 cc. and 3hp on single gear wheel no pedalling to start and tops out at 60 kmh flat out at like 12000 rev so after seeing your bike I am going to make a shift kit. One pocket bike motor on bike on you tube hits 80 kmh think it's a 3 speed very nice looking setup. Think you will do a video of your bike going and changing gear?

Back