Motorhead From Eastern Ohio

GoneGonzo

Local time
2:06 AM
Hello motor bike enthusiasts,

Just ran across your site and had to join as it parallells a project I've wanted to do for years. I want to build a replica of a turn of the century motor bike/motorcycle.

Now for the kicker, I know nothing about these bikes at all. I'm just an old school hot rodder that's had this idea for some time. Goes with the hot rod hobby i guess.

I hope with this BB's help I can get this thing rolling.

First thing is to know what to use for a frame. I've built many hot rod chassis and have the fabrication tooling for that. (Is there anything that I'd need otehrwise?

Am I correct in thinking That the frames are hand made or are they bicycles modified ?

What wheels are used ?

What engines are used and where do you get them ? Can any one lunger work or are these a specialty item ?

Is there a transmission ?

Pretty green huh ?

Besides being involved in crazy creative hobbies I also spend time with my wife and soul mate Barbara. The kids are all grown. I like back packing and canoeing and race slot cars in the winter to burn up those cold Ohio days.

I live in Wellsville, Ohio and am a carpenter by trade.

I look forward to building my bike.

Oh , yeah , I [ush 300 pounds, am I out of the game or is there engines that will pull me ?

GoneGonzo

Back