Motorhead From Eastern Ohio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GoneGonzo, Sep 11, 2008.

1. GoneGonzo

GoneGonzo New Member

Hello motor bike enthusiasts,

Just ran across your site and had to join as it parallells a project I've wanted to do for years. I want to build a replica of a turn of the century motor bike/motorcycle.

Now for the kicker, I know nothing about these bikes at all. I'm just an old school hot rodder that's had this idea for some time. Goes with the hot rod hobby i guess.

I hope with this BB's help I can get this thing rolling.

First thing is to know what to use for a frame. I've built many hot rod chassis and have the fabrication tooling for that. (Is there anything that I'd need otehrwise?

Am I correct in thinking That the frames are hand made or are they bicycles modified ?

What wheels are used ?

What engines are used and where do you get them ? Can any one lunger work or are these a specialty item ?

Is there a transmission ?

Pretty green huh ?

Besides being involved in crazy creative hobbies I also spend time with my wife and soul mate Barbara. The kids are all grown. I like back packing and canoeing and race slot cars in the winter to burn up those cold Ohio days.

I live in Wellsville, Ohio and am a carpenter by trade.

I look forward to building my bike.

Oh , yeah , I [ush 300 pounds, am I out of the game or is there engines that will pull me ?

GoneGonzo