my engine is new but dripping

You're gonna have to level the carb.

You said it's leaking and running down. It's overflowing and going into the engine and leaking . If you tighten it, then the fuel will all go into the engine. Not good.

1. Level the carb.
2. Run the engine, if there is still an exhaust leak, fix that.
3. If the base gasket leaks, then try tightening the head bolts VERY SLIGHTLY.
4.If it still leaks at the base gasket, then replace the base gasket.

The alternative if you can't get the carb level, is to use the correct Walbro diaphram carb which can be run at any angle.

hey bike guy..

i thought about your post and what you wrote up here..

i just came from outsidde after tidying up the engine cables.

i also installed my fuel filter which led me to see that when i took the clams off and the fuel line that the hose was pierced.

now i lined the clamp with some gasket paper maiking sure wen i tighten the clamp that the inner bit wont pierce the fuel line when tightening the clamps.

im gonna leave it at that for now.
if it still leaks im going to level out my carb.. i dont think my engine is leaking. i actually think the carb fuel line was bad and lead a leak that ran from the carb, past the fins, down the piston head and down the left hand sid cover.

hey im really interested in seeing what one of those diaphram carbs look like.

do you know a link?

With the set up of your bike you are asking for trouble, Carby's must be set as level as possible, all your problems are caused by the angle of your carby, causing continual flooding of the engine, thus saturating all your gaskets with fuel. How do I know this you ask. 40yrs of riding & playing with 2 strokes. Going by your pictures if you drew a straight line across the carby fuel bowl at any one time you would never get the float to rise enough to shut off the fuel flow.

Back