My first build, looking to get ideas for my project.

Also, although a bit off topic.

I'm not sure what to name her yet. I was thinking MoneyPenny, because of the color. I'm open to suggestions though.

I just got around to reading this thread. Nice work. Pretty bike. On Taylor's rear sprocket situation, I think you're right that the easiest way to deal with enlarging the hole that much is to find someone with the right tools.

Today was super productive. Taylor and I ended up polishing up my wheels to a beautiful shine. After that I went through and polished some various parts that were looking tattered and in need of some love.

But the biggest changes were...brand new wheels, liners, and tubes. Kenda gumwalls, to be precise. They're off the hook and look absolutely sexy. We also installed a new brake caliper for some extra stopping power. The combination of the coaster brakes and the caliper make for a pretty competent quick stop. I'm pleased with the setup.

The next changes to come are:

1. Shrink tube and bundling of the wires.
2. Clean up the rubber around the engine mounts.
3. Trim the fender where it rubs the chain (there's no way around it at this point. We came up with a method to trim them and keep them looking good.)

Pics in a few days.

Well. I finished mine completely and we have Taylor's running...until we broke the master link on the chain. Probably a faulty link.

I managed to get all the wiring bundled, the fender trimmed, a new chain put on, and everything that needs it has been locktited.

Pictures coming tomorrow, hopefully. Nice day time pictures. She looks beautiful and can really ride.

Here they are. I'm sure Taylor will be here to take post the more pictures of his sometime soon.

Mine has the chrome fenders. I finished wire bundling and all that. It's pretty much done.

Taylor took off the chain because his broke and he wanted to ride his, so that's why mine doesn't have a chain in the picture.

Attachments

• Best1.jpg
    Best1.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 212
  • Best2.jpg
    Best2.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 189
Sweet! Those are a couple of clean builds. You guys should be proud. How are those skinny tires working out?

Sweet! Those are a couple of clean builds. You guys should be proud. How are those skinny tires working out?

Aw, thanks. The second one went quick in comparison. I'm already planning my second build, which is pretty pathetic. The skinny tires don't make the ride as smooth as fat tires, but they do create a nice top end.

Back