Need some help with my motorized bike! :P

As of the gas leak from the air filter It could be float inside the carbe they get stuck sometimes you can see some videos on youtube On how to get them unstuck. They are pretty easy to fix once you get your head around it.

It could be flooded, but in my experience 99% of the time "IT'S THE COIL in a no spark situation. The kill switch isn't the problem since you now have it disconected. Also make sure no bare wires are touching the engine or frame and the white wire is capped or cut off and also NOT grounded to engine or frame. replacing the plug wire, boot and plug will help a lot once you get spark. I have no idea how much it will cost to get a new coil in Australia, but in the states they are only about $12.00 U.S. I've had coils that still had a little spark left in them but not enough to run it, JUST TOO WEAK.

Do you want me to take some pictures of my wiring and post them here? I thought it was flooded, It had the same problem last time with no spark and my friend told me to take the spark plug out, ride it a few miles with nothing, just to clean it out or something ;s and i did it, and after that it worked, but i tried that this time and its not working. If it was flooded how would I go about fixing it? I just don't want to have to buy a new coil and spark plug and realise I don't need it :p and Should I get the same coil that came with the bike? Or a different one if I do end up replacing it?

A good way to test the spark plug and coil is to take out the spark plug from the engine and leave it connected to the coil. Look at athe spark plug and push the bike if it sparks then you know it's something else if it doesn't spark try another spark plug that you know that will deffenitly work if it still doesn't spark after pushing the bike with it connected to the coil then it's ether the coil or magnet.it can be dangerous if the spark ends up next to fuel line or if you hold it you can electrocute yourself a little (personal experience with my motorised bike)
so if you don't feel comfortable doing this than I dont suggest not doing it.

IF he has black to black and blue to blue and the kill switch is disconnected, then why does anyone need pics of the wiring?
Even if you're getting a spark doesn't mean it's a GOOD spark.I"VE been fooled a hundred times by a weak coil. PULL a plug to check and it LOOKS like a good spark, but a weak spark will drive you CRAZY. like I said 99% of the time it's the coil.

being there has been at least one guy that did NOT hook up the CDI box to the wires coming out of the motor... and more then 1 has hooked not to the blue but the white wire...

and these motors do not have a serperate coil it is built into the CDI box
here are coils used on motorcycles
large_1143_1143_12-volt-coil-lucas-triumph-photo-1.jpg

Back