New Belgium Fat Tire Cruiser

I plan to motorize this bike. I think it will be pretty cool when completed. The motor is on order. I'll keep you posted with pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 6,916

You've done some creative things disguising your engine. Have you ever been pulled over? How busy are the areas that you're riding in? Is it your primary mode of transportation?

well thanks and it is illegal here.. no i dont get pulled over cuz i give them respect and shut it off when i see them.. yes it is my primary mode of transportation and i love it.. i will post another pic of the one i just built last night for a friend and i am going to buy and build a second one for myself..:cool: have some ideas that i want to do now.. and get the trike conversion kit would be nice cuz i dont have a kickstand anymore..

K & N Air Cleaner Mod

I saw this cool chrome K & N air cleaner at the auto parts shop. The set up wasn't right-so I modified it with a hole saw. I used a 1 3/4 diameter saw to cut through the rubber. It worked well. It stretch fit over the air cleaner collar and I secured it with a little clear silicone. I re-routed the fuel line a bit. Just loosened a screw and pivoted the elbow. It could just be my imagination-but I think the bike runs better with this set-up. It definitely looks better.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 433
something I thought of while looking at the pictures... an alternative to the fuel tank in the lunchbox would be to fit a fuel bladder inside the "tank" on the bike. I don't know if one would fit well enough to make it practical, but it's something to think about if you were to decide that you wanted lunch in your lunch box :D

Fat Tire

Yeah, I thought about that. I couldn't think of a practical way to make it work. Thanks...

Yeah, I thought about that. I couldn't think of a practical way to make it work. Thanks...

without seeing it in person, I wouldn't know either, but depending on how the frame tank is attached, stuffing a bladder in there might be way more trouble than it would ever be worth

Back