New Member from Toronto (CANADA)!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sklein25, Oct 17, 2007.

1. sklein25

sklein25 Guest

Hi, just wanted to let everyone on here know that I just ordered my first 80cc bike engine kit from BoyGoFast on E-Bay and can't wait for it to arrive. I am no stranger to 2-stroke engines, but this will be my first bike engine kit install. I will start a new post somewhere on this forum showing my step-by-step unpacking, checking all parts, disassembling, inspecting, and finally assembly onto my Specialized Aluminum framed mountain bike. I've been reading many posts on here about performance mods and maintenance as well as tips and tricks. I know for a fact that many of the off-road trails we have here in Toronto, do not allow any motorized vehicles on them and I'm pretty sure that I will face some sort of a penalty for riding a motorized bike on the street around the downtown core. But none the less, I will do my best to stay out of trouble and keep a low profile as I always have. I would love to meet a few more riders or builders of these bike engine kits around Toronto.

Cheers.........
    Steve

P.S. Keep up the great work, this is a great board!!!!!!!:grin:

2. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Now you are part of it and welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

3. drimpact

drimpact Member

Welcome to MBc

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
    what part of T.O.are you from ?
    I used to live there
    there's is at least one other member there as well

5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to Mbc!

6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Welcome to the group...eh!

7. ChrisHill

ChrisHill Guest

Welcome to MBc.
    There are many riders hiding out in TO, lol.

8. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.

9. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

Good to have ya!
    Doc

10. az cra-z

az cra-z Guest

Take off, eh!

I used to LOVE hanging around Yonge(sp?) street. Gonna need some studded snow tires pretty soon. Welcome aboard!

11. sklein25

sklein25 Guest

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It looks like I've managed to shake out 1 Ontarian rider here, but he's all the way up in Thunder Bay, far from Toronto!!!LOL Anyways, I know there's more of you Canadian motorized bike riders/ builders out there and I believe there's at least 1 in Niagara Falls?
    Anyhow, the weather is getting a bit cold up here now and I still plan to document my assembly/ build as soon as it arrives (another week to week and a half).

P.S. I live up in Thornhill, just on top of North York. Very near the intersection of Bayview/ Steeles just a little up and east of the furthest North subway station Finch (Finch/ Yonge). I haven't seen any motored bikers anywhere around my area but have heard about the occasional one in downtown Toronto. And I've also heard that a lot of the downtown streets are being filled with electric bicycles more and more!!!! At least during the spring/ summer!

Cheers.........
    Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007
  12. entr0pie

entr0pie New Member

entr0pie here from Toronto. I'm at the Danforth Junction (Danforth and Warden). Theres a pic of my bike in the first introductory post. Happy riding.

13. Rayber

Rayber New Member

hi and welcome :) i recently heard that 2 strokes are banned in Canada, is that right? well, like you said, keep a low profile and good luck :)