new member having hard time

Just my opinion, you need dependable transportation and the engines you're getting involved in aren't noted for their reliability. Happy Time engines need a lot of TLC. How much $$ have you got in your bike?

In your case, a used quality Puch or Tomos scooter would be more dependable. They're also easy to work on, from what I've heard.
Good luck to you and your mother.

My name is Myron. What's your name?

a finger on the compression is really not the answer. had an engine like this but on a chainsaw, seemend fine but when it went on my tester it was way out, when you ran it low some left oil in the tank may have made its way thro.

its hard to give diagnosis over the web, some good info has been given, did you use the righjt mix as this can bugger it right up.

good luck with another engine, and dont forget that these things should never be rushed as this will only cause mistakes to happen, think and plan every step. dont just bolt this and that on.

as for building custom motorcycles its your life you are putting into the tarmac and its your face that tarmac can re-arrange if things are not done properly.

ive only got the 130$ invested into the current build i have and figure most of it will not go to waste if i buy a second kit for install on a second bike i should be able to figure out the problem better that way along with getting some extra spare parts to insure that it will be more reliable then before on the new bike at least,if i get a Chinese 66cc motor and get an upgraded carb plus upgraded cdi and spend 50$ on the high performance carb from king motors and spend the 68$ on the cdi from jaguar, break the motor in right and add a boost kit to it, onto a brand new bike from walmart, or a good looking decent bike off craigslist, and spend the 40$ on airless tires, go through a proper break-in period this time(was running 16:1 the whole time but was running wide open right from the start except for the first 1-2 miles lol) add sta-bil to my fuel to stabilize it more and take the corrosive power away from the ethanol in my gas around here, and have spare parts from the first motor kit, just how reliable would that Chinese motor be then with all the upgrades? also i think the problem might be the motor died, because i talked to my shop teacher today and he said that it looked like it had at least 10x the mileage on it in wear on the motor that what it really did, i think the guy on ebay scammed me, will be buying from dax or king motors next for an extra 20$ on the kit, at least i wont get scammed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back