New member w/ Honda GX35 staton chain drive on Nuvinci hub

GP460's Rock!

Hey Rick,

Did you reinstall the piston/cylinder into normal position? That engine was running super-rich when I had it. Is it running okay now?

Is that a Happy Time exhaust? Fit? Performance? How's she revving? I'm running stock exhaust, might use HT pipe if it works for you.:unsure:

Hawaii Ed, you and I should cruise to Waikiki, Diamond Head and Ala Moana Park! Each of us has different engine mounting systems and variable shifting transmissions.:geek:

As a matter of fact I did. Through a little trial and error (mostly error) with high temp rubber hoses, Ed saw that my efforts were futile and tossed me that happy time pipe. It's definatley not a performance pipe, it doesnt give the motor much power past 10k rpm's as the expansion pipe you let me use that gave it solid power up to 12k rpm's.

The HT is a nice fit and a super clean look and very much out of the way, and for that i may be willing to sacrifice power for the time being. The motor seems to be running fine in terms of mixture starts right up smokes very little and pulls like a champ!

As for the ride I am free and clear this saturday if everyone else is available, just a forewarning though, when i replaced the old gears with the high temp gears in the single motor gear box there seemed to be a slight excess of space between teeth on the clutch housing gear. A sure sign of premature wear. I hope Ed has gas in that van! =)

Righteous!

Hawaii Ed, can you make it? Short ride to McD's on Dillingham, breakfast, then to Waikiki if all goes well.:giggle:

I spoke to Ed; his bike's not up to max. Let's just ride to Stadium McD's. Meet me at 9am, in the basketball court park next to my house.

Hi, How many miles do you have on you nu vinci now. I have staton with a tanaka 40, just checking the dependability of a Nuvinci. Thanks

Hey there, im pretty sure ive easily got well over 750 miles on the hub itself. I know nuvinci made a lighter smaller hub within the past year or so and i cant speak much on its dependability but i do have the older, larger, and heavier one and with as many miles as i have on it already i have no issues with it whatsoever. I currently run a GP460 on it with the staton box that runs a 22T freewheel sprocket to the hub and i easily run 35mph all day long. A good friend gave me a really nice expansion pipe that once installed should put me up to about 40mph cruising speed. The only modification ive made to the bike to contain the power of the motor was to have a tourqe lever cut from hardened steel to keep the hub from turning out the standard tourqe arms staton makes.

All in all im pleased

Hey there, im pretty sure ive easily got well over 750 miles on the hub itself. I know nuvinci made a lighter smaller hub within the past year or so and i cant speak much on its dependability but i do have the older, larger, and heavier one and with as many miles as i have on it already i have no issues with it whatsoever. I currently run a GP460 on it with the staton box that runs a 22T freewheel sprocket to the hub and i easily run 35mph all day long. A good friend gave me a really nice expansion pipe that once installed should put me up to about 40mph cruising speed. The only modification ive made to the bike to contain the power of the motor was to have a tourqe lever cut from hardened steel to keep the hub from turning out the standard tourqe arms staton makes.

All in all im pleased[/QUOT

Do you have any problem with handling of the bike being too back heavy?

Back