new member with a few questions

acebike

Local time
3:34 AM
i recently bought a prebuilt huffy nel lusso cruiser with a chinese 80cc engine kit. my question is about the pedals. i let out the clutch and engine starts, and when im accelerating the pedals keep spinning when i let my feet off. if i hold them with my feet on them so they dont spin, i hear a clicking noise in rear end. is this normal? thanks in advance.

check out "sheldonbrown.com" for info about adjusting coaster brake wheels

ok great thank you. would a unproperly adjusted coaster brake cause the pedals to keep spinning?

yes, there's a spring in there that needs to be held into two locating notches

the spring you are refering to, is it inside the clutch assembly inside the hub?

yep. you gunna be learning how to dismantle, regrease and re-assemble the good old coaster brake :)

be glad it isnt a bendix kickback 2 speed coaster unit ;)

then you gunna be learning about cone spanners and how to adjust the bearing cones...

though i always sorta left them a bit loose, tightened one axle nut, then sorta managed to get them "just right" as i tightened the other axle nut... a bit of a fiddle, not always reliable or perfect but it worked...

looks like ill have some tinkering to do. should be good practice. thank you everyone

Back