No Ht Motors For Usa In 2010

I came across this on the grubee website today.
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Hay USA!! Important Note for the upcoming 2010 year:
In 2010, at least as of Nov. 5th 2009, non of the 2 cycle engine factories in China have been able to get their engines EPA certified to the new rating of 40CFR 1051.

Meaning; no 2 cycle bike engine shipments will be able to enter the USA after Jan 1. 2010 unless something changes. From Jan. 2008 to March 2009 the EPA rating has been 40CFR 90 off road non hand held but now changed to 1051 off road recreational vehicle which is the same class as a snowmobile. USA Import Buyers beware;

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE:confused::confused::confused::devilish::devilish::cry::cry:

a "trick question" for you

We should have a cross country MB Awareness Ride.
i really really really appreciate your MB-emotion, it's awesome how "healthy" (for individual, for community, for country) the MB-craze is...but it is also (like most good things) becoming self-destructive because of abuse...so what exactly would you like to make people aware of? the good or the abuse? unity or divisiveness?

all in good sociological-fun...here's the question:

if i said i'd take part in an awareness-ride but only if all participants agreed to use "standardized" completely-compliant MB-equipment, 49cc/2hp/30mph/single-speed (or electric equivalents), would you still ride with me?

like i said earlier: "freedom" is tricky business.

Last edited:
i

if i said i'd take part in an awareness-ride but only if all participants agreed to use "standardized" completely-compliant MB-equipment, 49cc/2hp/30mph/single-speed (or electric equivalents), would you still ride with me?

Thats a very good point as a large number of members (myself included) don't have legal bikes, most here can break the 30mph limit straight up making them illegal, then theres those with shift kits...again illegal.. I wonder how many you would get that actual HAVE legal bikes? me thinkz ol Augi would have very little company if legal rides were compulsory.

KiM

LOL! that's ok, i'm used to it...with my mb-purist point-of-view, i don't have very much "company" anyway :giggle:

Last edited:
ohh man I love my little town... our cops dont give a cr@p. I have ridden by the sheriff, the CHP, and the local PD. In fact the PD branch office is down the street from me and I ride by it almost everyday.... usually sans the helmet.

Weeeell.... i can always pop a '200watt' sticker on my 6500watt motor and join you Augi nobody would be the wiser...long as you don't mind towing the generator to run the charger to re-charge my batteries after the first 100km hahaha...

I know what your saying about point of view, i have never been backwards in coming forwards (as you know LoL) I say what i think and have little regard for what others think about that, often though things online aren't taken in the manner they were intended...alot of things i say are done so with tongue planted firmly in cheek but are misconstrued as vicious attacks ...

KiM

My ride is legal.
It's 48cc and has lights.

Sure i can go faster than 30 at times But in reality only when i really push it.
I do run a single speed.

I wear a full faced Dirtbike helmet, Heavy leather jacket and Good racing gloves for safty even though i'm not required to even wear the helmet.

If i didn't have a legal bike I would build one just for the Awareness ride.

Awareness of what.......

Awareness of the fact that there are alot of people who do alot of hard work to settle for simple non luxary home built transportation that can travel great distances on much less fuel than the Best hybred.

In Rain, In Snow, In scorching heat, down the road where a good percentage of cagers don't even know your there.

Why ???????

To be Free, To live Free, to not conform to societies blinded standard, To sacrifice luxary and find happiness in simplicity, to have a unique ride that can't be bought off the shelf.
To be known as something... To be know as that guy that rides that thing....To ride that thing and remind people..... It is the little things and simple things in life that can make the greatest impact on the quality of life and bring true happiness.
To put your children in the trailer behind you and give them something special.
To build it with your sons and daughters and pass on all the wonderful knowledge.
Not just turn the key and put it in drive.

To inadvertinly build that machine that will change the world.
To build Perpetual Motion / or Free Energy.

I have more dreams and crazy ideas for the MB than an average person can comprehend.
The problem is the fact that Energy rules the world.
Oil being the primary source of energy to this date.
Imagine a world where energy is free and non pollutant.
Then maybe people could improve life spending there time elseware than trying to sell energy.

It's out there just as man has walked on the moon.
Might sound jules vern but it's true.
The sad thing is it is actually against Federal Law in the US to build such a device.
So called National Security Risk.

So why outlaw an engine that has less emmisions and takes far less fuel to power than your average transportation????

Must be energy realted and too efficcent.
Not to mention all the tax they make on fuel.

Why a MB?

It is small and cheap to work on.
Build a self sustaining / Self Powered Motor Bike to proove the free energy techknology.
It could be spread quickly enough to enough people that the men in black couldn't stop it.

YES I AM SAYING THAT A MB COULD CHANGE THE WORLD.

YES I MAY BE CRAZY.

Most of the individuals who have changed the world as we know it have been deemed CRAZY.

Look at NICOLA TESLA.

He designed the Hydro Electric Dam at Niagra Falls.
The very first AC electricity in the US.
The lit the Entir Buffalo NY at the time.

Many Many Many people thought he was way out of his mind.

The Technology that led to the world wide use of AC current.

Imagine a world without electricity.

Sorry for the Rant but i take very seriously my MB and HT motors.

Thoose thoughts are very inspiring to me.
And right now we need some inspiritaion to overcome this.

Industry has always fought change. In the 70's, US auto manufacturers told congress that it was impossible to meet the new emissions standards. Honda stepped in with it's CVCC engine and showed 'em all that it could be done. In fact Honda didn't just meet them, but beat the emissions standards by quite a bit. The same will happen with MB engines destined for the US. There is no way that those Chinese companies will just drop production.

Last edited:
I'm willing to believe that there will be some kind of compliant, quasi-HT if, and only if, there's a market for it. Don't forget that we're still just a niche market. I just don't see it getting any bigger unless fuel gets more expensive and stays there. I can think of reasons that it might, but it's not guaranteed.

We might be seeing the curtain closing on the HT. That's sad and I'm not glad at all about it.

But I'll also get by. Maybe I'll get a nice Honda on a good rack. Maybe I'll go electric. Maybe I'll just pedal or maybe I'll get myself a Vespa.

This is a bummer, but in the long run it's not such a big thing.

Well, despite it's pre-WWI looks, my bike is pretty darned legal...at least reasonably arguably so. By that, I don't mean tortured logic, I mean within the doubt left in the law. I built it specifically to be legally compliant. My position has always been that following the law, being mature in riding and taking reasonable precautions is necessary to maintaining what rights we have and without that behavior, any chance of less restrictive laws are a pipe dream.

There is no way that those Chinese companies will just drop production.

I guess you missed the bit that stated there is very few factories left in China making these HT motors now as China has gone electric,Some cities have already banned motored ICE bicycles and ICE scooters along with this it was said USA is such a very very small market for the manufactures. This has contributed greatly to the e-bike popularity in China, production of electric two-wheelers has sky rocketed from 2~00,000 eight years ago to ~22 million last year, majority of these for the domestic market. The industry estimates about 65 million are on Chinese roads. Your HT motors are a dying breed fellas very soon they wont be manufactured at all so the regs wont matter they simply wont be made at all...the major motorcycle companies Honda Suzuki Yamaha and Kawasaki no longer make two stroke MotoX bikes they have moved to the more environmentally friendly 4 stroke. The HT will see the same death in the not too distant future......

I would suggest buying a couple of spare motors pistons rods and crankshafts too see your through in case the worse happens...

KiM

Last edited:
Back