No police harassment or mindless road rules in this country

Cuba is an amazing place.
Considering they are being hammered by sanctions, they've got the best health care system in the world.

If Australia had a health care system only half as good as Cuba, it would be a massive upgrade to what we have now, unless of course, you're an illegal immigrant; then you get health care that a natural born Australian citizen couldn't dream of.

Fabian

Cuba is an amazing place.
Considering they are being hammered by sanctions, they've got the best health care system in the world.

If Australia had a health care system only half as good as Cuba, it would be a massive upgrade to what we have now, unless of course, you're an illegal immigrant; then you get health care that a natural born Australian citizen couldn't dream of.

Fabian

Hammered by sanctions? You've got to be kidding me. Other than the USA, THE REST OF THE WORLD TRADES WITH CUBA. I used to want to visit Australia, but if your health care system is only half as good as Cuba's and you guys love the living conditions in Cuba - I change my mind!

I for one wish that all US sanctions be lifted. Then the Castro regime will not be able to blame everything on the United States and the people will revolt. (but guess who has all the guns.....)

I heard the same thing from a guy who i used to work with.

Before he was married, he was in the Greek navy and travelled the world and the ports (if you know what i mean).
He said Russia was an awesome stop over. The girls would do anything for mere trinkets, but if he gave the trinkets first, they would instantaneously loose all interest in human bonding.

He learnt real fast to withhold certain items, like the flint from a cigarette lighter.
They got the lighter and had a change of heart until they realized he was withholding the flint, naturally another change of heart ensued.
It got so bad in Russia that the ships store of spare uniforms would run out as the men were turning up at the port wearing only their underwear; suffering hypothermia as they had given away their clothes for time with the girls.

He recounted many stories of times at some of the more interesting ports of the world and totally regretted getting married.

Fabian

Last edited:
I find it amazing at how different cultures can have such widely different ways of looking at things.

The oriental cultures rationalise (how do i say this and not a a bottom smacking by the moderators) the value of close human behaviour differently to how we do under a western style social system.

In Australia, we are so conservative that even the ladies of the night won't tell you the time of the evening unless you mind your P's and Q's and treat them with the kind of dignity only reserved for your parents.
Having said that, maybe it's just that i'm a real ugly looking guy. :D

I've got a friend who keeps pestering me to go over to the Phillipines to a few special locations as his (married) boss regularly goes there on (questionable) business trips and raves on about the place.

I just can't bring myself to do it, besides, i might get rejected by a lady of the night for not wearing an even amount of aftershave on the right side of my face as the left :whistle:

Fabian

Last edited:
Cuba rocks! I went there 3 yrs ago and stayed 4 months, it was an awesome place.

Why ever did you leave? Tropical paradise, great freedom, free health care, economic opportunity galore, sounds better than down under.

I'd be very interestred in knowing by what measure you claim that Cuba has better health care than Oz, Fabian.

Please do NOT cite WHO statistics, and most especially do NOT cite Cuban government statistics. Information control is a central aspect of the Cuban governmental system, as it is for any government. Unlike Australia and most Western nations, Cuba has NO non-governmental organizations dedicated to gathering, analyzing, and most importantly, PUBLISHING honest data.

Much like the Soviet Union's exaggerated claims at the height of the Cold SWar as regards the population and productivity of their major cities and industries, Cuba's major claim has long been the strength and value of its health care system - which claim is entirely derived from government published "data". When Russia claimed that Moscow had 1.7 million residents, the US War College, whose job analyzing such things is, estimated the real population at approximately 700,000. Nor were they alone in that analysis at that time - the British estimate from the same time frame was ~620,000; the French estimate was ~635,000.

Governments lie. Especially, governments lie about anything they see as of political strategic importance on the world stage.

Last edited:
Hey Aussies, why not just hire one of Fidel's Lieutenants to come down and run your country. You would, of course, have to give him total control, in order to get the paradise. You could have all the best of Cuba right at home!

If things are so good in Cuba, why is Miami infested with Cubans, why are they still floating on anything they can that they think will get them "feet dry" in South Florida. Left Miami in 1975...didn't leave anything behind in "Little Cuba"...good riddens.

Back