No power on new motor

Check seals lap head and cylinder for true flatness just enof to get good seal. Crank seals leaks will cause very poor performance. Set plug at 24. Check for leaks. Set float. Clean and check carb. Check for blue spark.fresh gas. Check jetting. Hope this helps
@Rodhead are you related to @inspectorcritic? :ROFLMAO:

I'm just trying to help. But I see you must be trying to troll I bet you even got a pretty little pink troll dress so leave me alone. And try to help people who my need it. That's what it's all about. But you being a troll type I bet you troll me again ? Wright troll
Hey Brah I was trying to help you with a joke, No need be nasty,
If you would of read the thread just 1 posts before your reply you would get it.
Inspector, You realize @James Owens Thread is from 2018 and he ain't been seen since April 2018 🤯

Please new members we’re all here to help! (Well known members) should be respected they have help so many people. Also know a lot about this stuff.

older motors have very smooth cylinder walls, while newer ones have noticeable crosshatching marks on walls, but it is best to look before starting the motor - older motors will run in OK, but it takes a while
eBay motors are like rolling dice.I bought one that ran okay but took a while to break in. I bought another that was real strong. It's all a gamble online

So I accidentally destroyed my last motor and ended up getting a new one a couple days ago. I ended up exchanging just the motor and used pretty much all of the old components. The old motor was working fantastic before I broke it (stripped head stud holes, then stripped the helicoils). After getting everything assembled, the new motor was running piss poor. It will idle, but once the clutch is engaged it has very little power (cant go up any inclines without having to pedal assist, top speed on flat ground at WOT only around 15-20mph.) It seems to be fourstroking, but I'm not entirely positive on that.

I first thought it was something electrical that was the problem as I got sloppy with the wiring. I then replaced the kill switch, magneto, and CDI. Problem persisted.

I then replaced the spark plug with a b6hs and the problem still persisted.

I then took the air filter off the carb to see if it was restricting the airflow. Still had the problem without the filter.

I then swapped the carb out for a different one. Still had the problem.

Adjusting c-clip also seemed to do nothing.

The exhaust is super smokey and the plug looked wet with oil after all this testing so I assume it must be running way too rich. I just don't understand why, as both of my carbs worked great on the old motor with the same jets.

I don't see any sort of gasket leaks, but my second guess is a loss of compression due to the problem being only while the motor is under load.

Next I guess I will swap out the muffler in case it's clogged, but the muffler I'm using had less than 100 miles on it running 1:32 full synthetic, so I doubt it's clogged.

The only other thing I can think to do is just port and polish it and trim the piston skirt to get better flow, but I doubt it will help.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm more or less at a loss
I still can't figure out why my 66/80 cc motor is losing power

My 66/80 cc I still can't find out why it is losing power.I don't know what else to try it will set and idle great

It's an off brand 80cc china girl from ebay. In all aspects it looks identical to my last one.

I'm also using the same sprocket as my last one, so a 44 tooth

It starts just fine, very little effort is needed, I just have to get it started rolling and release the clutch and it comes right to life.

It also is idling perfectly, it only seems to be losing power when the clutch is engaged/ when it's under load.

When under load it seems to four stroke badly. As of my last try for the night a few minutes ago, I also noticed some sort of metallic clicking sound that seemed to be in time with the motor.

I took the head off and didn't see any signs of a blown gasket or anything.

I have only actually ridden the bike for about 5-10 minutes total between all of the trials. I don't feel comfortable riding it as is because I don't want to have to sit at WOT on an engine that hasn't been broken in.

As far as idling goes, it has probably idled for a total of about 20-30 minutes.

Unfortunately I don't have a compression gauge or know anyone who does so I can't test foe that.

Back