non-ethanol gas at a Citgo

They have 91 I'm going to try some of it in the lawnmower.... An once of 10-30 per gallon... For the 5 hour break in on the oil' that came with it... Can use it as parts cleaner if I'm not satisfied....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-120030.png
    Screenshot_20220412-120030.png
    518.2 KB · Views: 94
I really like the VP leaded 98.. in the cans... It's the real deal snoco 260 is like back in the day premium 108... Problem is it's more than the bike and kit for 10 gallons

My Dodge would burn $500 in gas on a weekend... 2014 money... $250 a 20gal. tank. If I beat on it... which is the whole point of a 60's restomod... $100 to burn the tires for 50'... Usually from 35-40 mph getting up on the highway... 15mpg at 55 crawling... So I gave it up...

And Don't forget California's infamous "Nox" device to add onto older cars back in the early 70s that was destroying older motors...lol.
California had vacuum operated carbs on motorcycles also... A 450 was like a 250 to make everyone buy bigger motors.... Or swap out the carbs...

My favorite was the 230 hp big blocks... 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-101905.png
    Screenshot_20220413-101905.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 93
California had vacuum operated carbs on motorcycles also... A 450 was like a 250 to make everyone buy bigger motors.... Or swap out the carbs...
I was finishing up high school at Big Bear High School prepping for college back then and everyone up there were yanking all of this crap off their cars and bikes because they just wouldn't run right at all at the altitude which was a little over 6000 ft if I remember correctly...It blew up the 6 whacker motor on my 64 Falcon back then.

It's funny because my very political lefty Democrat family sent me to Cali to brush up my Democratic Party "credentials" and I came back home to Massachusetts as a dyed in the wool, very conservative, Reaganite Republican...lol.

I saw close up by stupid laws that destroyed peoples hard earned money in their cars just how short sighted these "Bolshi" tree huggers were and how Draconian and heavy handed they could be with their laws...It's even worse now.

Ahhh...California, The land of fruits and nuts...The folks and politicians reminded me of a Granola bar...Flaky, Fruity, and Nutty...lol...lol.

Back