All of a sudden hard starting

Well IDK but it might be resolved...

I put about double the recommended amount of gas treatment in the remaining can of gas, then filled the tank and adjusted the clutch. I think the clutch was just barely slipping, and mostly doing so up hills. I could hear the revs not be consistent going up hills, it sort of cycled like it was not slipping, then it would slip just a little and catch again.

Anyway after that clutch adjustment and new gas, it started super easily again. I've yet to try starting it since, but it was encouraging because the last time I tried it started on the first drop of the clutch...

I suspect even a tiny bit of clutch slippage could make any china 2 stroke start hard all by itself. I do suspect the gas that sits in the tank is much more susceptible to atmospheric water, than the remainder of the can which sit's indoors.

In any case, will let y'all know how hard it starts next few tries.

Damn, now I wish I knew which was more responsible, the loose clutch or the ethanol gas?

I'm not sure but I think it's at least like e10 and not 15% locally. Oh well, I bought the gas treatment, might as well use it. I mean I go through a maximum of 2 gallons a month, so it probably can't hurt.

Well, IDK which it was or if it was both, but it started on the 2nd drop of the clutch today. It tried on the first, but didn't quite go.

So I guess the problem is solved, one way or another.

I haven't had an issue running 91 octane with 10% ethanol on my first couple tanks. Is there actually any noticeable benefit to using ethanol free gas in these little engines? I always got slightly better mileage using it in my trucks but that was it

I haven't had an issue running 91 octane with 10% ethanol on my first couple tanks. Is there actually any noticeable benefit to using ethanol free gas in these little engines? I always got slightly better mileage using it in my trucks but that was it
I think most of the worry is if it isn't being used. Ethanol gas goes "bad" a lot faster.

Back