All of a sudden hard starting

markjs

Local time
12:22 AM
I think it must be because I have to run ethanol fuel. The reason I suspect this is, when I first buy fuel, it seems to start easy, but since it's been colder, I have rode less, and as it sits, it just seems to pick up just enough moisture from the air to make the thing hard to start. I checked and the plug is not fouled, and as it does always start, do not suspect a spark issue.

Unfortunately, non ethanol fuel is a 20 mile ride from me, and I have no other transpo, so it's just not feasible to make that ride.

So the question is, is there an affordable additive to combat the issue? Would "Heet" work? I don't think it's that spendy, but most true "fuel stabilizers" do run spendy (that I know of). Besides, we're only talking a week at worst of time sitting between cold starts, usually no more than two days.

Any ideas?

Get some ethonal fuel winter stabalizer. It's meant to put in your lawn mower over the winter to keep the ethanol from causing problems. Hopefully that helps

Use the drain on the carb to remove some fuel, if it still runs bad, you have other issues.

You can remove the ethanol from your fuel.

Or just run stabilizer. More than likely the ethanol is starting to gel from cold or moisture. Stabilizer will prevent that. Although I’ve been told stabilizer is a waste of money and you can just run your bike on full choke at WOT to clear gel clogs, but I don’t listen to idiots.

Or just run stabilizer. More than likely the ethanol is starting to gel from cold or moisture. Stabilizer will prevent that. Although I’ve been told stabilizer is a waste of money and you can just run your bike on full choke at WOT to clear gel clogs, but I don’t listen to idiots.
Water is free, stabilizer isn't. Of course there is the fact that some fuels have high ethanol content, so you loose there, but you don't have to shop for water.

Back