Oil mixture

Just because you can run the oil at 50:1 doesn't mean your engine can. I don't recommend going that thin with the oil, but to each their own.

The black plug and "burble" noises means you are getting way too much fuel. Likely the float needle isn't sealing, unless you put a bigger jet in it.
Should I drop the c-clip down on the needle to lean it out?

I ran 2 gallons of regular oil and then switch to full synthetic. The mixture of the oil I'm using is 50 to 1. When I pull the spark plug it is covered in black soot. If I switch to 32 to one will the soot get worse or better?
What you need to do is adjust the needle valve on the carburetor...The needle valve usually has 5 notches on the needle...The picture below shows the very top of it as the leanest and as you go down the length of the needle valve it gradually gets richer and richer mix...Too rich and you get a black plug...Also replace that crappy Chinese plug with an NGK-B6RHS spark plug...You want the spark plug gap at .025 thousandths.

Slide Needle Grooves.JPG

What position is the retaining C clip at right now on the needle valve???.

Should I drop the c-clip down on the needle to lean it out?
NO you need to raise the clip more towards the top of the needle to make it leaner, placing the clip downward will make it richer, thats why I ask you where is the needle right now???

Since you are in the flatlands of Florida, your gonna probably want to be at the second from the top notch or the middle at the most...Any further down on the needle and you will be too rich.

When you put that barrel slide with the needle valve back in place, you will find there is a little nub on the right hand side of the carburetor barrel chamber...It is there to make sure that you can only put the barrel in one way only...The groove on the barrel that goes all the way down it is supposed to ride in that groove so it does not get stuck.

Slide Assembly.JPG

What you need to do is adjust the needle valve on the carburetor...The needle valve usually has 5 notches on the needle...The picture below shows the very top of it as the leanest and as you go down the length of the needle valve it gradually gets richer and richer mix...Too rich and you get a black plug...Also replace that crappy Chinese plug with an NGK-B6RHS spark plug.

View attachment 192698

What position is the retaining C clip at right now on the needle valve???.

NO you need to raise the clip more towards the top of the needle to make it leaner, placing the clip downward will make it richer, thats why I ask you where is the needle right now???
The needle right now is on the middle

I was told that 4 oz of oil was a 32 to 1 mixture. The oil I have been using is 2 and 1/2 oz and says it is 50 to 1. I don't understand the numbers of the mixture. Is the first number the oil or the gas? Is 50 to 1 more oil per gallon or less? Why is 2 and 1/2 oz 50 to 1 when 4 oz is 32 to 1?
Your first post suggested you were not understanding the oil to gasoline "ratio" for mixing and referred to the oil you were using "says it is 50 to1" That means that if you put that entire 2.5 oz bottle into one gallon of gas you have a "50 to 1" mix. If you put that same container of oil in only a 1/2 gallon of gas, then you have a "25 to 1" mix. Until it is clear as to how much oil you are putting in the gas, then all of the other fixes are not relevant for the group to assist you with the lean or rich buring of the fuel and the color of your plug.

I know I have asked this several times, but I don't think you have actually answered this question.

Your first post suggested you were not understanding the oil to gasoline "ratio" for mixing and referred to the oil you were using "says it is 50 to1" That means that if you put that entire 2.5 oz bottle into one gallon of gas you have a "50 to 1" mix. If you put that same container of oil in only a 1/2 gallon of gas, then you have a "25 to 1" mix. Until it is clear as to how much oil you are putting in the gas, then all of the other fixes are not relevant for the group to assist you with the lean or rich buring of the fuel and the color of your plug.

I know I have asked this several times, but I don't think you have actually answered this question.
The needle right now is on the middle
I ran that plug number and came up with nothing. I called O'Reilly Auto parts and advance Auto parts and they couldn't find that number in their system. Then I googled it and it did not come up

I ran that plug number and came up with nothing. I called O'Reilly Auto parts and advance Auto parts and they couldn't find that number in their system. Then I googled it and it did not come up
I raised the needle one notch and I am using gasoline with 4 oz of oil in it now

I raised the needle one notch and I am using gasoline with 4 oz of oil in it now
I wanted to get a new plug so I could keep an eye on it to see if the needle setting was good. The plug number you gave me does not exist

Back