Oil mixture

I ran that plug number and came up with nothing. I called O'Reilly Auto parts and advance Auto parts and they couldn't find that number in their system. Then I googled it and it did not come up
Ngk 3922 is the actual part number, BR6HS is the NGK plug code. Most parts stores use the part number in their computer systems. They CAN look it up by code, but it requires them to look harder.

The 3922/br6hs is also the replacement plug for an air cooled VW Beetle from 1954 to 1977 if you can't remember the number. That is my normal fall back when I need to get one and can't remember.

Shorter alternative that I personally love to use is the ngk 6703/bpmr7a.

I wanted to get a new plug so I could keep an eye on it to see if the needle setting was good. The plug number you gave me does not exist
Go to any lawnmower, chainsaw sales outlet, they will have the plug by the factory number. NGK B6HS or BR6HS.

Spark plug color chart.jpg

Use this. It will also bog at higher rpm if it is too lean. My bike did that on the center notch, so I made it richer and it runs amazing

I got the NGK spark plug and I leaned it out one notch. Also running 4oz of oil per gallon now. Seems to run better. How do I tell if it is too lean? Seems it could go one more notch lean.
View attachment 192702
Use this. It will also bog at higher rpm if it is too lean. My bike did that on the center notch, so I made it richer and it runs amazing
To understand how that graphic applies to your plug you must understand how to do a proper plug chop.

With the engine fully warmed up you want to go for a run on it. Run it at the normal speed that you usually do, if you like to cruise at 30mph, then do that. Cruise for 5 minutes at your chosen speed, then just hit the kill switch, don't let it idle down. Pull over to the side and then remove the spark plug and examine it, it should be a nice beach sand color.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Update, I got the new plug installed, I rejetted the carburetor, and I'm using ethanol-free fuel now. I checked the spark plug after running it and it's in the best as shown in your chart. Everything is good now thanks for all your help

Back