Break In Only 25/miles on break in.......Mix 25:1 on 48cc slant head

After the first tank.....................

I was out on bike today, and I'm running about 25-30 mph with 48cc skyhawk. The muffler is solid from top to bottom. Uno, I was thinking about drilling a hole or two to help let it breathe alittle?! So, any advice?

The only thing I've done from stock is drll a few holes in the back of the air cover.

Thanks................:D

A few holes in the back of the air cleaner? The carburetor side?
That will let more air in, at the expense of by-passing the filter element. Dust and dirt do horrible things to the inside of an engine!

...............Hey there, No, I drilled a few holes only on the outside (with filter between) in air cleaner plastic cover. I'm going to get one of the K&N filters from SBP.

Ooohh kaayyy! I was a bit concerned there for a minute!
The snorkle holes actually flow plenty. The SBP unit will flow alot better!

Mmmm, Power, or not as much?

The 48cc Skyhawk is doing well, but it only will run right with choke half- on......Sometimes, when pulling a slight grade I have to either lean it out, or give it a little more choke.....(This is all after it's warm uno????)..?????

I vary speeds, mix is 25/1 Engine has now about 30 miles on it......:whistle:

Ratio mix.....................

:-/Uno I'm pleased with the 49cc 2/stroke so far. Only about two tanks have been used at 25/1.............Ok, I'm ready for new mix.............What do you think ratio should be for third tank?

PS-idles great with zero smoke...............Is that good or bad?

Back