Perfect header length

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
torque pipe

What size hole is the lowest one? (for idle)
Mine is at .7mm

HS, plans to make my torque pipe are on my site.
I used to have 2 pipes for sale for a bargain basement price of $60 but after months of no response (and of cheapskates trying to Jew me down) I decided to keep them. Some people are always crying for more down low power and this pipe offers that and is also decent at top rpm but those same people want to wait till the design is more commonly accepted by the riding public. sheep. baaahh!

What size hole is the lowest one? (for idle)
Mine is at .7mm

HS, plans to make my torque pipe are on my site.
I used to have 2 pipes for sale for a bargain basement price of $60 but after months of no response (and of cheapskates trying to Jew me down) I decided to keep them. Some people are always crying for more down low power and this pipe offers that and is also decent at top rpm but those same people want to wait till the design is more commonly accepted by the riding public. sheep. baaahh!

The new hole I made is .7mm as is the hole over it in the column. I don't know about the one in the body of the carb under the column because I didn't touch it yet. I'm guessing it's smaller, but I can go a bit bigger if it's already .7mm. Your's is .7mm and it's on the 48cc or is it on the 66cc engine?

Yeah your pipe really surprised one guy at the Rasta bike shop. They all ride street and dirt bikes too and know that tuned pipes usually have a narrow range at high rpm's. It really does give bumble bee thunder sound during the whole wide range of on the pipe which just sounds fantastic in itself....plus the fact that you disappear out of sight quickly. Quite impressive really. I'll never be the same ;-) It's not just loud, you can feel the power the engine is experiencing just by the special sound it has. Atomic bumble bee whuppin it up. I wonder if I can put an electrically actuated ball valve on the end of the stinger to redirect the flow of exhaust through a good horn device with a nice brass trumpet horn on the end - pointed up %-D
I don't think you should sell these torque pipes, but rather let them be a sort of initiation right for those which really deserve it. All the better if they make them themselves. They're not feasible to make for cheap. But then again, Russia is a very expensive country these days. If you could cut the cones out by laser and had a press to give each one it's form and mail them unwelded, Then it would be real cheap. But every engine is different and even the carb size, header length and diameter and stinger has to match and not just the timing. I don't think any kids need them though because it should only be for experienced pilots. It's way to phukin rad man. Now I see what you mean by blowing away street bikes and cars and I'm glad I got the muffler off, it makes other drivers aware of me when I'm driving really fast next to them. It's too much power and temptation to go hot rodding for those that don't know what they're doing.

Most of my Jewish friends love to tell jokes about Jews being cheap. It's kind of a cultural thing. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use the term to Jew somebody down though, just because some people may not understand that it doesn't matter. Perhaps they were mistreated as a Jew before or something and have no sense of humour left. I'll try to defuse this though by telling a joke that I was told by my Russian Jewish friends. " Some Jewish folks in Odessa (a Jewish mafia town on the Black Sea in the Ukraine) wanted to send a telegram to relatives in Israel informing of the passing of one of their clan. To save money, they made it short - "Issa the end". In reply, they received an answer telegram from relatives in Israel - "Oi!"

;-D

yeah CRM called me a BSer and maybe others think that too till they actually try a torque pipe and get blown away with its performance.
My Dellorto 14mm is only used with my 48cc piston port intake engine. It has 4 holes, and from bottom to top have these sizes: .7mm, .52mm, .8mm, 1mm
The engine has extended intake and standard extended exhaust, 140psi compression, slight porting, and Jaguar CDI (using a KX high voltage coil). oh and the crank is stuffed although I wish it wasn't because non-stuffed is better for low rpm power and the 48cc needs all the help it can get in that area.

yeah you are right about noise being a warning signal: "get the hell out of my way or get run over!" or something like that. ha!
If you are super quiet they pull out in front of you because they expect your speed to be that of a bicycle. I just personally hate noise pollution. Some happy medium has to be achieved.

yeah CRM called me a BSer and maybe others think that too till they actually try a torque pipe and get blown away with its performance.
My Dellorto 14mm is only used with my 48cc piston port intake engine. It has 4 holes, and from bottom to top have these sizes: .7mm, .52mm, .8mm, 1mm
The engine has extended intake and standard extended exhaust, 140psi compression, slight porting, and Jaguar CDI (using a KX high voltage coil). oh and the crank is stuffed although I wish it wasn't because non-stuffed is better for low rpm power and the 48cc needs all the help it can get in that area.

yeah you are right about noise being a warning signal: "get the hell out of my way or get run over!" or something like that. ha!
If you are super quiet they pull out in front of you because they expect your speed to be that of a bicycle. I just personally hate noise pollution. Some happy medium has to be achieved.

So you are running it without a torque pipe? Why? You drive another one now I suspect %-)

I just put my "snakey" torque pipe on it and will finish making a silencer for it today.

... thread is a good read .. gathering needed info. -- re: biturbo 2 piece exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back