Discussion in 'General Questions' started by canalcat, Nov 4, 2015.

1. canalcat

canalcat Member

Will an iridium plug do damage to my 66 cylinder head? Anyone Thx

2. butre

butre Well-Known Member

iridium is fine.
  3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

iridium is great but its a tad longer than normal
  4. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

whats the part number? can I get these at an auto store i.e. discount auto, pep boys etc...?
  5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Denso IWF22
  6. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

should I choose 1 over the other? or no real big deal?
    can I get these at auto store or do I have to order on line?
  7. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

so why don't you call some auto parts stores instead of having us do all your work?
    I don't mind helping people but I don't want to support anyones laziness
  8. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

My bad! Wasn't sure if this was specific for only a small 2 stroke. I figured it was a harmless question that someone might have a quick answer, but i guess that was me just being lazy and I really wanted some ass to do my work for me!

BTW. Seriously thanks for the answers to the previous questions.
    Didn't mean to put ya out! jeez
  9. butre

butre Well-Known Member

auto store will have them and it doesn't really matter much which you choose, as long as the heat range is right and the threads match
  10. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Thanks. I haven't installed the new ear yet or even the engine for that matter but I guess I can just take the head over and try one.
  11. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

NGK good plugs are a bit longer than stock and won't work with a straight head or a high compression head.

They do work great in a stock slat head 66cc though and do make a difference.

I put the Iridium's in all my builds for durablity but you use the less expensive non-Iridium version and gap to run right.

As mentioned it above posts the heat index is important.
    That is the number in the middle.

The object for engines is to keep just enough heat in to burn away everything, but not overheat the engine.

This is a good read.

The lower the number on an NGK, the more it dissapates to keep the engine cool.

I run 7's here in Phoenix because it's hot, but if you are in snow country I'd try a 6 or even 5 just to keep your engine hot enough to be happy in the cold.