Clutch Problems with my bike! CLutch And Chain cover!

If the chain comes off, it is one of three things.... The chain is way too sloppy loose, or else the two left side sprockets are much too far out of front-to-back alignment. A third possibility is that the rear sprocket needs filing down. Or a combination of all three.

If the chain is too loose, adjust the chain tensioner position. Also, check to see of another pair of links need to be removed from the chain to take up the excess chain.

The sprocket teeth have to be in line from front to back. That chain does not bend like a derailler chain on the right hand side. I found on my bike that I can use only one of the two "rag" circles. The 44-tooth sprocket rides right on the outer side of the 36-spoke rear wheel. There is a rag circle on the inside of the rear wheel. I had to also slightly enlarge the center of the 44-tooth sprocket to get it next to the wheel spokes.

Lastly, I found it necessary to file the top one-third of each of the rear sprocket teeth into a "A" shape (left side to right side, not front to back). From the dealer, the point of each of the 44 teeth is square shaped. The chain is easily thrown. In a pointed "A" shape, the chain is guided into the sprocket and will not catch on a high point. File down each high point, to about a third way into the sprocket, maybe 4 mm. File each high point on each side. That is 88 filings to accomplish.

I hope this helps.

MikeJ

If the chain comes off, it is one of three things.... The chain is way too sloppy loose, or else the two left side sprockets are much too far out of front-to-back alignment. A third possibility is that the rear sprocket needs filing down. Or a combination of all three.

If the chain is too loose, adjust the chain tensioner position. Also, check to see of another pair of links need to be removed from the chain to take up the excess chain.

The sprocket teeth have to be in line from front to back. That chain does not bend like a derailler chain on the right hand side. I found on my bike that I can use only one of the two "rag" circles. The 44-tooth sprocket rides right on the outer side of the 36-spoke rear wheel. There is a rag circle on the inside of the rear wheel. I had to also slightly enlarge the center of the 44-tooth sprocket to get it next to the wheel spokes.

Lastly, I found it necessary to file the top one-third of each of the rear sprocket teeth into a "A" shape (left side to right side, not front to back). From the dealer, the point of each of the 44 teeth is square shaped. The chain is easily thrown. In a pointed "A" shape, the chain is guided into the sprocket and will not catch on a high point. File down each high point, to about a third way into the sprocket, maybe 4 mm. File each high point on each side. That is 88 filings to accomplish.

I hope this helps.

MikeJ

i dont think it is the sproket. i think it is because it might not be alligned. also my clutch might not be correct... dunno... hope to work on it tonight.

with my kill switch the wires are yellow and red? were do i connect them from. on the forum peoples wires are different colored?

Back