Racing CDI installation help!

Haha hey Pablo! Small world. Ya I noticed u did but I got to have it adjustable. I talked to the seller and according to them them the only difference at all between the two is one in adjustable one is not. Same performance. Thank again for helpin me before ,,,,

Haha hey Pablo! Small world. Ya I noticed u did but I got to have it adjustable. I talked to the seller and according to them them the only difference at all between the two is one in adjustable one is not. Same performance. Thank again for helpin me before ,,,,

No problem. Good on you for posting here for help. I am baffled still by those CDI's there. I've been told neither is a HD Lightning. Weird!

Do let us know all the details how it goes!

No problem. Good on you for posting here for help. I am baffled still by those CDI's there. I've been told neither is a HD Lightning. Weird!

Do let us know all the details how it goes!

Huh if you go to this website the second Cdi down is the HD lighning.

http://custommotoredbicycles.com/pa...es_5cdi_coilmagnetongk_spark_plugs__boottools

American made by huffy Davidson. Also you can call the owner of the site she can tell you all about every product.
But if u hearing It's not or looks different cuz I know u sell em too. Then who know maybe I'm getting a different one. If it works it works! If not I'll be suspicious.

So, update.....

My brother and I both got the American made huffydavidson Cdi I posted the link to above. We set ours up the same, his works well and is cool because it is keyed. Mine on the other hand did not work and was defective after much trial and error. I returned the product no problem and used the money to buy a brand new jaguar 2.0 Cdi. Got it hooked up tonight and it works well. I haven't explored different settings tho yet, I wonder if jaguar sets it up on the most common setting for people when you get it. Anyway it works! And seems smooth. I'm happy about that!

No matter if it comes set most "common" or not, you still have to test for what is best for your engine.
For even less vibration, have you replaced the wrist pin with a titanium one?

Ya I plan on setting it right to my engine set up. To do that there are switches inside right? Do you check your trimming and all that each time, or do you try the different switch positions use trail and error and see wich one makes the bike run best?....

And no I have not changed the wrist pin, forgive me but witch part is that and where is it located? Thanks!

My advise is (if making the decision to purchase the titanium part) that you get someone else to install the wrist pin where it's supposed to go, because if you don't know where the the item is located, or how it functions within the engine, there's a very real chance of the wrist pin carving a boost port into the cylinder if you completely f*&k up the installation.

Back