reed valve and carb upgrade

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by philcred, Jun 17, 2007.

1. philcred

philcred Guest

i have just fitted a reed valve block and carb upgrade. i just need to tune the carb when i have used the rich petrol mix after the run in period.
    the next job is to port the head and stuff the crank.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Papasaun

Papasaun Guest

Awesome, just AWESOME ! Ya gotta keep us in the loop bout how it works. Then you gotta start thinking about mass production ! :D :D

Papa

3. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Philcred! Dude ! get out of my head man ! I doing the same thing with one of my 69.7 (80cc) are you making your reed block out of aluminum also I using a Deltoro 25mm carb on mine and two boost bottles and maybe nos also....Great job Bro,........... Great minds think alike 8)

4. spunout

spunout Member

Thats some great work, philcred. 8) 8) Good post, too. some as-its-happening-pics, and the pics themselves are very good 8) 8)
    happy :mrgreen:

5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

by the time i'm done I'll be looking at having somthing like this
    [​IMG]

6. philcred

philcred Guest

i need one of those baby right now.

:p
    its shiney and looks fast were do i get one.
    i fitted nos to my lotus elise about 4 months ago and was shocked to the amount it used. i was only running 100bhp jets as well. its around £40 to fill a 10lb bottle here.
    i have never tried nos on a 2 stroke you have to let me know what its like.
    that reminds me i still have not go my booster bottle yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  7. philcred

philcred Guest

reed

sorry yes the reed block is made of alloy.
    i cheated tho i bought it last year for my baja and took it off last night, look.
    its not a happy baja now.
    i have not noticed any good power gains yet but the plug was fouled up when i tried it.
    i will keep you posted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. philcred

philcred Guest

engine

i should of used the baja engine.
    its rev and go
    its only 31 cc but it produces 6.5 hp
    the only worry i had is the crank and con rod are tiny. but it revs baby

9. davidsis

davidsis Guest

Nice

Let me know when you start selling them Ill take 10

10. Did you do any drilling or porting on the piston?

11. philcred

philcred Guest

porting

no not yet, thats my next move but i am just in the middle of moving home at the moment.

12. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

reed valve!

absolutely the best set up yet ! especialy the carb with adjustable main jet \& expansion chamber work . is it done to speck as far as cylender volume & flow? please keep us informed as to your progress!! great job!!

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

those tweaks are da bomb! (did i say that right?)

and since this is about as wild as i've seen so far, you left me no choice but to
    move this kick*ss topic into wild in the streets...'cuz it is all that :evil: :evil:

8)

14. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Awesome mods! No perfomance changes? Are you using a bigger carb?

Dan

15. philcred

philcred Guest

performance

yes the performance has changed a great deal i just have to set the carb up to suite the reed valve
    the bike will do 45 mph max and hovers around 40/41 mph on the flat but i was expecting more.
    the boost bottle come today i will fit it the weekend .
    i have to drill the reed block to make it fit.

16. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

thats the sickest bike ive ever seen, excellent work on that carb system A++++++

jon

17. philcred

philcred Guest

comments

thanks dude

18. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

where did you get your carb?

P.M. me please i need to know...im having carb problems

thankd, jon

19. prowler

prowler Guest

reed valve, I don't get it

OK, I'm not a 2 stroke engine expert, but I don't get what the reed valve is supposed to do for you? Reed valves are normally used when the carb is bolted to the side of the crankcase somewhere (just about anywhere) and are open during low pressure (piston going up) and close as soon as the crankcase pressure zeros out and starts to pressurize the case (piston heading down). On these engines, intake timing is controlled by piston location and the port location in the piston skirt. Any performance increase caused by the reed valves would have to be extremely (very extremely) limited (the period of time the piston is heading down and the piston skirt port is still open). Not likely any performance increase would show, because if the manufacturer designed his engine correctly, crankcase pressure would just be starting to increase as the piston skirt closes off the port back to the carb. If anyone has info that would enlighten me, I'd be glad to hear it. thanks.

20. philcred

philcred Guest