Road Rage!

your too small of thing to claim any lanes your only going to invite aggressive drivers to scare you. your like a mosquito in terms of physical stature you represent as much importance as a cyclist does, and that ain't much. Motor or no motor your on a bicycle you have to act like a cyclist not a motorcycle.

The nutcase that ran over the headlight was way behind when I hit the gravel, he did not see that part. He saw me standing and waiting for him, or her, to pass so I can get a item off the middle of a 3 lane road.
Cyclist or no cyclist, to deliberately steer the car to make the left wheel hit and squash property not belonging to that driver means that driver had to then steer and use 2 lanes. Why was the first car that went past able to stay correctly and not hit the headlight ? Some cagers rock, others are useless halfwits, if that. Maybe a 1/10th wits and thats being generous.

Last edited:
your too small of thing to claim any lanes your only going to invite aggressive drivers to scare you. your like a mosquito in terms of physical stature you represent as much importance as a cyclist does, and that ain't much. Motor or no motor your on a bicycle you have to act like a cyclist not a motorcycle.

I've tried to ride the shoulder. Thousands of cars have passed me, many a lot closer than I'd like them to.

Riding the edge of the lane is what causes drivers to scare me, intentionally or not.

I consider my motorized bicycle a true moped...motorized pedacycle. Since bikes are taller than mopeds, I am more visible. My bike looks like a slim motorcycle.

No one here harrasses mopeds or motorcycles who claim the lane.

You MUST be able to keep up with traffic.

THAT'S THE KEY TO CLAIMING THE ROAD LANE. If you ride at slow speed, you belong on the shoulder and are subject to close calls.

My Whizzer is registered as a motorcycle. I sure as heck am not gonna ride in the gutter with "Mr. Whizzard".

I pay my taxes and registration. I have a right to ride the streets.

Out of thousands of cars that have passed me, I have had two cars drive by close. Maybe not that close, more than four feet.

No one honks, yells, gestures or displays digital communication(middle finger).

No one has ever tried to ride in the same lane as I, or squeeze me off the road.

I've had humungous tractor-trailers pull alongside IN THEIR OWN LANE and inquire respectfully about my MB.

I've had tractor-trailers driving behind me with none of them complaining.

Another difference is that you ride with New Yorkers. I ride with Hawaii drivers with more "Aloha spirit".

Last edited by a moderator:
Air Horn... Awesome...

I've mentioned this on another thread, but one thing I've always missed about biking is being able to use a horn with some inconsiderate person pulls our in front of you. So a few weeks ago I attached a 135 bd airhorn to my bike. It has brought it more smiles in that short time than I can say. One of my worst irritants is having people honk at me as their driving by like I'm not supposed to be on the road or something. Now when they honk, they get a honk back 10 times louder. The reaction is awesome, everytime...
cwb

air horn

Yes, it's a refillable, large can air horn for marine use. does the job though and lasts forever before refills.
cwb

My experience is that the large majority of motorists are very courteous, considerate, and careful.

When I bike up to a 4-way stop sign, cars will usually wait for me to go first (which I do) even if I was the last to arrive at the intersection.

If a car is getting ready to pass and I turn my head to the left like I might be about to turn left, the car will almost always slow down and stay behind me - which is annoying because I want them to pass before I turn left.

On narrow winding country roads where passing is difficult, cars follow very patiently. I try to be as considerate of them as possible. When there is a little more room, I pull to the far right and slow down. I found that the usual response of the car was to slow down and stay behind me - not what I wanted al all. So, now when I want them to pass, I wave then on with my left hand and then they pass.

At traffic lights, I pull right up to the curb and leave a lot of space between me and the car in front so that the cars behind me can easily pass. Usually the car that is behind me will stop behind me like he doesn't want me to lose my space in line. I also fix that by waving him ahead.

In 2300 miles of motor biking I have never had a car do anything remotely dangerous to me. I hope my luck holds.

I've had a few scarry calls.

Once I seen a car speeding behind me so I cleared far off the road and slowed down. For some reason he cut hard right and was over the white line almost in the gravel with me. He(or she) honked their horn as a passenger gave me the finger.

I had one the other day while I was driving. A large SUV sped pretty fast only maybe a foot or two from me. As they honked their horn (I didn't see them coming) I swerved because it startled me, and burnt my leg on the engine.

Tricks of traffic

One of the tactics learned riding the messed up streets of San Francisco is to pedal slowly just like a real bicycle. Motorists give me space because they think that I'm just another bicyclists. Also, we have some good bicycle lanes here and recent changes to local laws require Mb'ers to stay in bicycle lanes except when traffic conditions permit it (ie; cops, ambulances, taxis hanging in the bike lane). But each day is a **** shoot, rolling the dice on life while saddled to my Mb! My ribs are still sore from getting run off the road and over a guardrail last year on 7/25,lol.

Had my first crash today.

Got my bike riding after some elictrical problems. I did a bunch of mods since I last rode it.

Anyway, I was going around a corner a little fast and the rear end slid out. I think I was going 30kph+. Missing alot of skin and its hard doing the everyday things, so I doubt I'll be riding in the near futute.

It could have been a **** of alot worse, I almost got hit by an oncoming car. I got some funny looks, but no one tryed to help me, or even stopped to see if I was alright. I didn't really know what happened and just tryed to get home.

Back