Slipping centrifugal clutch on a BT-80

Brent62420

Local time
6:30 AM
I've got a Bullet Train 80cc 2 stroke motor. And my centrifugal clutch is slipping and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. I bought another clutch assembly and it's still slipping. I hope someone can help me out with this problem I don't know if you can adjust it or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated

First sand the inside of the drum and the contact area of the shoes with 120 or 80 grit sand paper

New centrifugal clutch will "burn in" and stop slipping

Burn In - the shoes seating themselves in the drum

Burn In can be speeded up by sanding off the contact area on the shoe (pad) until it mates fully with the drum

The BT has a Wet centrifugal clutch my instructions were for a dry centrifugal clutch, oops

You clutch might be slipping because it's got too much or not enough oil in the gear box

The BT has a Wet centrifugal clutch my instructions were for a dry centrifugal clutch, oops

You clutch might be slipping because it's got too much or not enough oil in the gear box
The bt80 is a dry clutch, the gear box is what has oil, and there is a sort of seal between the clutch drum and gear box. If there is oil in the clutch that very well could be the cause of it slipping

The bt80 is a dry clutch, the gear box is what has oil, and there is a sort of seal between the clutch drum and gear box. If there is oil in the clutch that very well could be the cause of it slipping
That's what I thought "Dry Clutch" but after reading this description by BT I then thought it had a wet clutch.

I guess you should know because you got a BT and can remove the clutch cover and check if it Dry or Wet

DSCF0949.JPG

DSCF0950.JPG

That's what I thought "Dry Clutch" but after reading this description by BT I then thought it had a wet clutch.

I guess you should know because you got a BT and can remove the clutch cover and check if it Dry or Wet

View attachment 191249
View attachment 191250
I'll check later today if I can, I'm about to leave home to go help a friend get thier four-wheel running

It's only considered a true "wet" clutch if there is a way to "bleed" out air from a clutch master cylinder, like what I had on my MG and Triumph Spitfire.

I don't think there is such a thing as a clutch master cylinder on a BT-80.

Back