Stihl powered ?

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by hoopty, Feb 8, 2008.

1. hoopty

hoopty Guest

Does anyone here have pics of a Stihl powered bicycle. I really like the quality, and reliability of the brand. They make a 50cc chainsaw that puts out 3.4 hp. Thier cut of saw looks like it could be an interesting canidate also. Please post pics, Hoopty.

Wheels within wheels, in a spiral array, There patterns so grand and complex.
    Rush

2. kerf

kerf Guest

I don't know about Stihl but there are other quality two cycle engines out there, that would be much easier to mount. I'm running a 46cc that puts out 4.2hp and came with the correct clutch rotor.

3. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Hey Kerf, could you let me know where I could see this "correct clutch rotor"? I guess what I really want to know is, was this a kit for bikes or did you take the chainsaw apart and found a way to make it work.
    Spring is on it's way....time to start a new build!

4. kerf

kerf Guest

5. hoopty

hoopty Guest

thanks for the hook-up kerf, with Daves motors. The 460 looks like it will work good with the built in 76mm clutch.

6. kerf

kerf Guest

If you don't mind me asking, whatcha gona do with it.

7. hoopty

hoopty Guest

I would like to frame mount that motor somehow, but right now im building a 4 stroke frame mount Grubee 2 on a schwinn mtb frame.