Stolen stolen bike

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by JemmaUK, Oct 29, 2007.

1. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007

2. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:confused:I feel your pain, Jemma. you put a lot of time and effort into it.

How did it happen, and where are you? in England?

Myron

3. beast775

beast775 Guest

$&^%

that just blows!!!!!where was it?probably someone was watchin you.retrace your steps it helps,i hate this id comb your neighbourhood but im thousands of miles away **** im probably as mad as you are.good luck jemmauk......:evil:

4. larymor

larymor Guest

That is terrible Jemma. Good luck finding it.
    Lars

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

I hope you recover your bike
    (and they need to re-cover the skin of whoever stole it)
    (I'm thinking 'tarred and feathered' would be appropriate)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  6. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Bummer! Another reason for me not to move back into "civilization".

8. Kep1a

Kep1a Guest

Man that sucks. My prayers go out for you. I sure hope you get it back or get a better one to make up for it.

Kep1a

9. smapadatha

smapadatha Guest

Sorry to hear about that. Since motored bikes are pretty rare, I hope the cops will be able to find it fast. When you get your bike back, you might look into getting the "New York Fahgettaboudit" lock. A lot of people consider it to be the toughest bike lock currently being manufactured. People even buy them for their motorcycles.

http://www.kryptonitelock.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1002&pid=1168

Best wishes,

-Sam

10. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I have reported it to the police and its unique in colchester ... however being what I am, long story, and the fact that its 'just a bike' to them I dont hold out much hope...

It meant alot to me because of the work I had put into it and also the fact its about the only independance I had. all in all replacement value is about £600 which I just dont have.

I have tried to claim on household insurance I will let you know what happens.

Thw worst part of it is I suspect its someone I know who took it, and who knows the value of it to me...

Thanks for all the support

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  11. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:My heart goes out to you, Jemma. i hope you find your bike soon.

it sucks when Judas, a close friend, betrays you.

Myron

12. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

Am so sorry Jemma. That's horrible.

13. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hey all,

Police called - apparently the CCTV cameras are on time lapse so they have no evidence or information. So thats that gone then.

As to insurance money I dont know but I need the bike or a replacement for transport... so I am really in trouble as I cant go anywhere... I cant even afford the buses...

It looks like I will be spending more money I dont have replacing it :cry:

Thanks again for all the support

Jemma xx

14. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Jemma,
    While it stinks somebody stole your ride, look at your little girl and then thank the god of your choice you and she are healthy. And blessed with friends. I will say a prayer for you and your daughter. Things will come around and sometimes god blesses us by not giving us what we deserve. And others get exactly what they deserve. Keep smilin!

15. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

If you were a rich person Jemma, I would say "well they must have needed it worse than you" That is just not the case and I am sorry for your loss.
    Let us know how the insurance turns out.
    Doc

16. Sorry jemma, been there. Bike Crime Sucks.

17. Torques

Torques Guest

Why would being what you are matter to the police?

18. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I guess I should answer the question since I sorta brought it up ... teach me to be careful that I dont write when I am angry *sigh*

I have a condition that falls under the IS banner, IS being InterSex. Specifically I have Harry Benjamin Syndrome, which I am currently in treatment for. I have already effectively lost my family over this and due to my 'consultants' dragging their feet and the huuuggggeee loopholes in the anti-discrimination laws here I havent worked in 3 years... one person suggested to me that building GEBE kits for people might be a good idea lol, I am sorely tempted right now...

The problem it causes with the police is that their idea of open minded is somewhere around 1860 and their repect for the anti-discrimination laws is worse...

Oddly enough I got a phonecall from them, and half of the details of the bike have already 'gone missing' *sigh*. I dont know why I even bothered.

on the upside I am about to order the engine kit - it will probably be the 32cc engine as apparently the Zenoah replacement isnt what it could be..

Jemma xx

19. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Member

on your side

I can only imagine how tough a ride that is Jemma. Just know there are folks on your side and rooting for you. I am just one of them. On a side note, I would think motorizing bikes would do really well in the UK as a business. You should do it. Your a gifted thinker and obvouisly love the bikes. Would be perfect. In any event, Best of luck.

20. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

:cool:Well, Jemma, you are a very brave person to share your situation with us. some people can be cruel and thoughtless, especially behind a protective computer screen.

My wife's uncle is homosexual, but he's our dearest, best uncle, and we love him very much.

I'll still consider you an internet friend and fellow wrench/bike rider...

but for obvious reasons, i'm not gonna be dreaming about you anymore. ROTF!

not trying to be cruel, my friend. just my sick humor.

Myron

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2007