stretch beachcruiser reccomendations?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Brody400, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Brody400

Brody400 New Member

First post here and am pretty excited to get my project started but need some new guy advice first.

I want to put a 2 stroke on a stretch beach cruiser. I have been looking at a Firmstrong and the Micargi Mustang GTS but dont know anything about these bikes and whether they can fit an engine within the frame. Any thoughts?

I dont know how much this matters but I am about 5'11'' and weigh 215 lbs.

Thanks everyone!

Steve

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

After the first 4 or 5 builds, one can usually fit a motor to just about anything. On the first build, however, there is a lot that needs to be learned by doing. I would suggest trying a simple mountain bike for the first build, which you can then sell when the second is done. This will eliminate the kinds of frustration that many first-time builders often run into that ruins the whole experience for them.

3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I'm over 2 bills and we have plenty of members over 3 bills that ride these things.

4. Brody400

Brody400 New Member

Difficult I can handle.....I think.

I have no illusions that this will be difficult but would rather build one that I am really excited about than one that is just practice. There seems to be no lack of experience here and at the engine providers.

Having said that, I am really excited about the Micargi Puma and want to build something that will turn heads. I have been doing my due diligence in research so I have a pretty fair idea of what I am getting into.

I'm just confident enough to get myself into a world of pain!:evilgrin:

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something really, really obvious that you Old Timers could see a mile away. (except that I am stubborn and dim witted)

Steve