stretch beachcruiser reccomendations?

Brody400

Local time
8:25 PM
First post here and am pretty excited to get my project started but need some new guy advice first.

I want to put a 2 stroke on a stretch beach cruiser. I have been looking at a Firmstrong and the Micargi Mustang GTS but dont know anything about these bikes and whether they can fit an engine within the frame. Any thoughts?

I dont know how much this matters but I am about 5'11'' and weigh 215 lbs.

Thanks everyone!

Steve

After the first 4 or 5 builds, one can usually fit a motor to just about anything. On the first build, however, there is a lot that needs to be learned by doing. I would suggest trying a simple mountain bike for the first build, which you can then sell when the second is done. This will eliminate the kinds of frustration that many first-time builders often run into that ruins the whole experience for them.

I'm over 2 bills and we have plenty of members over 3 bills that ride these things.

Difficult I can handle.....I think.

I have no illusions that this will be difficult but would rather build one that I am really excited about than one that is just practice. There seems to be no lack of experience here and at the engine providers.

Having said that, I am really excited about the Micargi Puma and want to build something that will turn heads. I have been doing my due diligence in research so I have a pretty fair idea of what I am getting into.

I'm just confident enough to get myself into a world of pain!:devilish:

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something really, really obvious that you Old Timers could see a mile away. (except that I am stubborn and dim witted)

Steve

Back