Tanaka 33 Power Pipes CHEAP!

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by AndyT, Feb 16, 2010.

1. AndyT

AndyT Member

This is too good to be true. Check out the ebay link below. This seller has genuine Bladez/Tanaka expansion chambers for the PF-3300 (32cc) for $29.99 each, with $9.98 shipping! They have more than 10 available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300348251705

I bought one and checked it out (then ordered 2 more). I haven't mounted it yet, but it looks to be a perfect fit, and I'm sure it will work on the GEBE kit with no modifications, even with the engine tilted forward. There is no silencer, but fitting it with one will be easy. They are made from heavy gauge steel, and nicely chrome plated.

These were made for the Bladez Tanaka scooters, and the pipe tucks underneath and along side the stock PF-3300 gas tank, then wraps around the back a bit, unlike some of the other pipes that will hit the GEBE cover, or have the exhaust shooting in the air (like auggie's). The exhaust exits through the middle of the pipe, so the end is closed off. This is called a mid-bleed pipe, and they are quieter that the normal end-bleed pipes. The exhaust looks to exit out the back no matter which way you mount your engine.

Order up fast!

2. augidog

augidog Banned

i understand that pipe fits pretty nicely, and i like the rear-facing stinger...i'd be interested in hearing one before silencer or muffler...

the tanaka-branded powerpipe is made for the engine in a vertical position on a bladez and definitely ungainly when fitted to a GEBE, heavy too (i note the pipe you have is aluminum, not very heavy?), it eventually broke the exhaust flange on the jug...but when i used the muffler attached to the silencer i could sneak up on deer, really, i found myself right in between a family of 4 crossing the road one night, i idled down and browsed as they went off into the woods on the other side without flinching...that was pretty cool :cool2:

3. AndyT

AndyT Member

It's hard to argue with quiet!

This pipe is BladeZ branded (Tanaka owned BladeZ, and they no longer make gas scooters). It must just be a different version of the scooter power pipe. It is made from sheet metal and weighs 2.5lbs. That's not light, but these pipes need to be heavier gauge or they will crack eventually.

I'll get one installed and mounted on my little Goped bike to check it out before I install it on my GEBE. I'll post some pics and a video if I can.

4. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

hi everyone still alive, lurking in the shadows....

heres a close up of the pipe, its a nice size and not too heavy, maybe i will get around to attaching it to the engine in the next year i hope.

GetAttachment.jpg GetAttachment2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. AndyT

AndyT Member

That's it! Great pipe and a great price.

6. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

Attached Files:

7. AndyT

AndyT Member

That would definitely fit.

You say "the same as ours", do you have this pipe? If you do, what all have you done to your engine, and how does the pipe work?

8. vegaspaddy

vegaspaddy Member

yoops,:confused:

sorry if i mislead you andy, i was making a comment on how similar it looks to the one purchased from ebay. As for the engine its still as is since the day i got the gebe,probably less than 200 miles on it. I bought it back in 2008 but havnt had a chance to ride much( wife got sick in a hurry), completely grounded last year !!!!!

but things are looking up (touch wood) and hopefully will get my bikes back on the road sometime this year

9. AndyT

AndyT Member

No problem, I wish you wife good health, and hope you get back to biking in the spring. :cool2:

10. augidog

augidog Banned

too bad about your news vegas', i hope you both get better soon :)

Andy', the reason i mentioned "aluminum" is because further down on the item listing it says so, please clarify...and, have you run it yet?

i was gabbin' with ada racing about the 32cc, you & others might find this interesting: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=262482&postcount=1

11. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Here is a picture of what it might look like.

Except this is a 40. Runs like a turpentined Ape. Bought the whole thing from a guy after he put 2000 hours on it.

Attached Files:

12. AndyT

AndyT Member

Sorry for the late answer.

The pipe is steel, and I have not mounted it up yet. I would like to find an adjustable HP carb first, so I can tune it properly.

13. augidog

augidog Banned

huh, no luck with that carby yet, eh? you must be going nuts looking at that bling just sitting on the shelf ;)

14. AndyT

AndyT Member

I have been a bit distracted lately. With the weather sucking and other projects, I haven't been too inspired to look around. I'll get to it soon though. It is tough having a cool pipe just sitting there!

15. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

Hi Sabrewalt,

Do you have any images on the other side? Specifically, how you attached it to the bike for support. I just tried to install my pipe on my bike (with a Tanaka 40cc GEBE kit) and I can't see anywhere that the bracket on the pipe is supposed to attach to the bike to help hold it up. It's awefully close to my rear tire without using the bracket and I'm sure it would not last long just hanging by the two screws where it attaches to the engine.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

SS

16. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Tanaka 40 Pipe

No but I will take some more and post them

17. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Pictures of my pipe setup

Here are the Pics you asked for Shawn

Attached Files:

18. shawnshank

shawnshank Member

Great! thanks for the pics.
    Did you have to do away with the belt cover because of where the bracket is located?

19. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Belt Cover.

No the cover fits fine. I am just lazy. One of these two pictures is a close up of the idle set screw. Shawn. The brass one. Does yours have that?? Can you turn that down. I have a short video of my start.. One pull... That will give you an idea of my idle speed. What is your email address.

Attached Files:

20. g1manalo

g1manalo Member

hi sabrewalt, thanks for posting picture, i also bought the performance pack, do you have the performace pck. what is your top speed
    thank you