v-twin 2 stroke?

i think its citreon thats developed the only commercial variable compression. whole cylinder bank tilts over slightly. pretty clever.

oh, besides all the model diesel twostrokes. theyve always had variable compression.

scale model engines are usually akin to scale model steam engines...lots of fiddly bits. a guy down the road here collects old steam engines...has three sentinel lorries, a stanley steamer car, a steam shovel, two opposed rotation triple expansions from some deceased battleship that he has put in a 110 foot boat... but he ALWAYS lamented on how any smale scale steam engines are built like models. lots of tinyt litle screws and brass bits and the like. they may look nice but they arent designed for rugged use.

i designed him a twin expansion single piston twin cylinder based on a brushcutter crank.

then he kicked the bucket. there went unlimited funding, dangnammit! (his family owns a large coffee company, that i shall not name...they payed him a lot to keep out of the way for various reasons).

i want solid, reliable, and rugged. while little brass bits look nice, theyre a nuisance for longevity.

other problem with most model engines is that theyre designed on the "one off" principle. by the time youve made a jig for the cams or crank, you may as well make 50 of them at the time. nobody does, its usually just for personal satisfaction...a nice paperweight.

but if a company like connley precision can sell a 50cc v8 for something like 5k that doesnt have any real application other than as an ornament...well, anythings possible, ja?

then he kicked the bucket. there went unlimited funding, dangnammit! (his family owns a large coffee company, that i shall not name...they payed him a lot to keep out of the way for various reasons).

Where can i adopt a family like that i.e. a family that pays me a lot of money to keep out of the way.
I couldn't begin to imagine all of the projects that would be on the drawing board. :cool:

lets just say, the first time i met him, id been pre-warned :D

keep your back against the wall!

because the EPA and CARB won't let one be sold or imported in the usa so whats the point of making one that you won't be able to sell couple hundred thousand of them?

that being said there was a V8 made some years ago for the 1/4 scale rc guys ran on rc nitro
wonder if its still made?

when you get to a certian power level the bike frame and other components can't take the stress and break/snap

there are two strokes in all types of categories sold in the USA daily, even dirt bikes and snowmobiles there are aircraft and the marine industry has two stroke outboards that not only meet CARB and federal EPA standards and sold in California, but actually run cleaner due to the technology of the manufacture's forward movement into this area of the industry. Check it out you might like what youll find......

there are two strokes in all types of categories sold in the USA daily, even dirt bikes and snowmobiles there are aircraft and the marine industry has two stroke outboards that not only meet CARB and federal EPA standards and sold in California, but actually run cleaner due to the technology of the manufacture's forward movement into this area of the industry. Check it out you might like what youll find......
And as far as the frame issue goes, of which Im much less knowledged about, the very reason to move forward is to bring back the " yes we can do this " attitude of competitive thinking in cycling of all types, so that our love for cycling will advance by people like you and me to make it possible, and for me that would be my grand kids to enjoy the dreams we have now...... for there future. Never give up your dreams..... never give up on yourself.... this country is badass and was founded on dreams of a handfull of people who dreamed " wouldnt it be cool...... "

I think anyway you slice it the closest you'll get to that would be the double whiz. You're gonna need a custom frame which shouldn't be too hard to build. Its basically going to be a light motorcycle. I'd try it myself but I don't know enough about getting the timing right. Also you'd probably need moped wheels. Not exactly a V twin though
doublewhiz2.jpg

This is just an odd suggestion, but why not a small....say 50cc.....wankel engine? much more compact and less confusing to set up than a v twin. You dont get the harley sound or look though....

like this one?
http://www.renntechkarting.com/products_xr50.html

only 5450 USD ;)

or this one?

collectors item...also pricey, hard to find parts.

still have various parts of a km48 fichtel sachs rotary lying around. completely ruined but some are still lurking around, for sale. in fact, scrapyard near me had one last year, guy sold it that day for $500(AU)

and then theres this lil sucker...$500 approx, sure you can find one cheaper, 1hp... could be converted to petrol i guess for half the power output... the type II is slightly better than type I, listed here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NSU-WANKEL-...-Model-Airplane-Engine-Groupner-/152087651493

rotaries have issues... apex seals and side seals. the rx8 took the approach of making them from high silicon/carbon alloy, then heat treating the trochoid to produce a silicon carbide lining, thats then diamond ground and honed to produce a near indestructible finish, unlike the older, chrome plated types.

and thats no longer in production, though apparently mazda is still working on them...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back