Very First Build

This is my first motorized bicycle
I have a couple scooters I ride so im not new to that sort of thing, and in the past ive owned many types of motorcycles.

Figured I would try one of these out. Im sure I got a cheap eninge, and bike. Im only into this under $500 which in the scooter world is a set of front shocks

New beach cruiser coming in any day so I wont post pics until it shows, since I had 2 colors to choose from. I did get the engine locally new so I have pics of that.

Also a set of brakes and levers too

Looking great. That's how it is with these things, patience, do it right and process of elimination.
Also got some miles on a new tensioner, so far well worth the money
Is that chain tensioner your own or after-market as a complete part?

With chain lube I found what works for my MB is chain lube in spray can I get at go-cart shops. It's sticky like goo,can still get messy.

All the Best
BoltsM

I bought the tensioner $100 I think pirate cycles was the place
really keeps the chain quiet
I have problems with the master link rubbing a groove on the tensioner (the pin side not the clip), because it mounts next to the sprocket but I asked and they said it will be covered under warranty if it breaks
They said they use 410 industrial chain I think not whatever these kits come with. Maybe that type of chain is thinner. I would think since its not noted in the sale maybe they should post that tip, or at least make it compatible with the chain these kits come with
Its only 1mm deep at the most nothing to worry about, yet

also I had the clip come off 2 times on the master link. Not sure if the rubbing caused it but now I took out the master link and its perm attached
So now the rubbing wont happen anymore either

Try putting the clip on the other way round, so if you rotate the back wheel as going forward, make sure the clips open end is opposite, so when it rubs on anything, it's forward motion won't clip it off.

As with chains, yeah well I use after market after run-in.

The one's I use are
"KOOL" XX TREME Freestyle
K910 100L
1/2"x3/16"

100L = 100 links

http://www.kmcchain.com/index.php?ln=en&fn=search&mo=view&id=630

You need to buy 2 boxes because not enough links sometimes
I buy them in 3's to get a discount.
Sacrifice 1 box for the extra links and the other 2 boxes go to whatever bike I was building. Unless they do special orders with 120 Links.
Never had a problem with constant stretching and super smooth.

However, my bike dealer sometimes finds it bit hard to re-order, but usually gets through.

I had link on both directions, since it fell off twice
so not sure why it kept coming off
but its gone now so its not a big deal

I installed a cen clutch. I like how it works but im wondering how it affects performance with all that extra weight on the crankshaft. Its really noisy at idle, the bell seems a hair loose. Running its quiet.
Had to bend the crank out by hand with a torch to clear the cover.
utf-8BSU1HMDA2MTMtMjAxMjAyMTktMTIwNC5qcGc-1.jpg

So I had to replace my tank the other day, the mount broke again so after fixing it I guess I tightened the tank bolts too much one stud started to leak.

I got a new tank, new mounts and redid the whole design. I added grommets to help with the vibes too. Only at super top speed do I hear it, so it lets me know im maxed out.

Tired again with my cns clone carb and had to jet down in size to get it to run properly. So far I have better acceleration and gained top speed. Was able to shoehorn it in using the stock manifold and modding the filter, im not sure if it changes the way air flows I dont think so but I have no idea. I bought an offest intake but I cant bolt the flange and the carb looked to hit the frame too.
Will have to do more testing on the carb and check my plug before im satisfied.

Im not sure what to do with the nipples on the carb, ive seen some pics with one of them capped, some pics with them all loose so im not sure.

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MjEtMjAxMjAyMjItMDg1OC5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
Back