Virginia People, CHECK IN!

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by DJEEPER, Jun 22, 2009.

1. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

Hey guys! i was wondering if anyone in here is in Virginia? I am in the south east part in Yorktown.

Who else is in VA?

2. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

I'm from northern Virginia, we might as well be our own state. What do you ride, and have you had any run-ins with any LEOs?

3. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

My old ride was this:
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/djeeper/DSCN1007-1.jpg
    I rode this thing around for a while and never had any issues.
    I had alot of "OH COOL" looks, but never had any issues from the LEO's. I did my best to ride it on the back streets instead of the main streets though.

I am going to slap a 49cc sticker on the side of my engine on my current project :D:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  4. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

That's sick but we can't be the only VA MBer's I've heard that there is another guy in my area with a fleet of MBs that builds and sells them we should organise a VA ride on the capitol (richmond) for me that's about a 2-2.5 drive so prolly 4-5ish via MB on Rt. 1.

5. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

Yeah, that sounds good!

My bike has been done for about 3 weeks now....i could probably make Richmond in 2.5 hours on my MB via Rt. 60.
    [​IMG]

6. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

I am finifhing the tune om my exp chamber tonight and installing a sidepull front brake, I have a boost bottle and a slant head in the mail. I'd like to wait for nuvinci but I could probably be convinced to do it on a 1 speed.

7. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

i have a Nexus 7 speed rear...and i think its perfect. a 3 speed is minimum.

I put the tuned black pipe on my bike from SBP and noticed a nice nice increase in umph.

8. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

whats the fastest you've taken the nexus hub to? I'm trying to get in the 70mph club :p

9. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

also, here is a picture of my two babies

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  10. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

uh, by 70mph, im sure you mean 40mph right?

my bike will do around 40...though i havent GPS'ed it yet.

11. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

nah i mean 70mph i broke 40 a couple times downhill on a completely stock motor, after the head comes in it should have the torque to run a 27 tooth sprocket nicely. that should put me at about 44mph currently. possibly some 5052 fairings with build in windshield and a rear as well as cast wheels, i don't think 70 is unreasonable on a bicycle. :p

12. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

Virgina Beach here guys! Just built my first MB a week ago (wife thinks it's ridiculous). Brand new Schwinn Del Mar from Wally World. A whopping $114.00. Ordered a 66cc Black Stallion kit from GasBike and they sent me a GruuBee SkyHawk GT-5 instead. No complaints here.
    Picking up a #41 chain from Northern Tool today. Original one broke on me Wednesday night at the master link. Sent my 300 lb A$$ over the bars. OUCH!!!

13. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

dont use masterlinks! :p

just sayin

14. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

Got the new chain. Tensioner issues now. Mounting roller onto a 1/4 " thick piece of aluminum to go from frame to frame. I'll be back on the road one day!! LOL

15. seacatman

seacatman New Member

Virgiia Beach guy here. Have a Wallmart Mongoose bike with a GEBE setup with the Mithibishi 43 engine.

16. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

hey! someone who is closer :)

maybe i will have to make my way out there and we can cruise the strip (even though the signs clearly say no cruising... :p )

17. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

Let's hook up one evening guys. I'd like to see some other motored bikes.
    I live in Kempsville.

18. seacatman

seacatman New Member

That sounds great I live near the courthouse. Larry

19. neicull

neicull Member

norfolk builder/ghent cruisers

Yo guys! I live in ghent and ride often. I have about 6 guys out here that ride with me. I commute weekly on mine. We've got a site with some cool parts and VA info. If you ever have questions drop me a line. I've built quite a few of these bikes and in different forms. I'd be down for a ride sometime soon. Lets organize it. email me.

20. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

September 13 Sunday 1:00 pm
    City View Park
    2073 Kempsville Rd.
    Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Bikes, spare parts and bikes for sale, lawn chairs, sandwiches, sodas, etc
    RSVP: Bobby at: viiper2008@yahoo.com

SHOULD BE A BLAST!!!