what do people think of the dual brake lever, 1 lever pulls

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by chieflets, Feb 12, 2007.

1. chieflets

chieflets Guest

Hi,

has anyone tried the new 1 lever pulls 2 brakes and what do you think of them and whats the bad point of them too

Chieflets

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

It would be nice to free up your clutch hand, but it might be hard to adjust it so that it puts the right pressure on each brake.

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

thumbs up !

my son in law (azvinnie... see stealth chopper in wild in the streets) has one and it works great you adjust it the same just has 2 knobs so it can be lighter or heavier front or back
    :grin: :grin:

4. Barret

Barret Guest

I LOVE my double-pull brake lever, and I've never used anything else! I installed it before I ever had my maiden run, and I'm able to stop quickly without locking up the tires and skidding out of control. I use the caliper brakes in conjunction with the coaster brake. If I ever buy a different bike to motorize, I will not buy a multi-geared bike, but one with a single gear and a coaster brake.

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

chieflets, this is my original review of the pyramid lever: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4128

i'll put my followup here :)

tom, i thought that was gonna be a problem too, at first it was difficult getting them synched right. and it was hard to make a quick stop. but now, the cables have stretched to equalize, the bike stops great and i just can't believe these things aren't on all bikes. it absolutely rocks 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
  6. I've been looking for one of those dual-pull levers for nearly a year! :?

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

try "dual-pull levers" in the ebay box at top of page :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Pyroladine

Pyroladine Guest

Dual brake lever

This is what I bought but haven't tried it yet.
    Do a search for:
    Pyramid Pro Alloy Mountain Bike Brake Dual Cable Brake Lever

Got mine off of Amazon for 10 bucks or so, haven't got to try it yet.

9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

our ebay box helps buy the free stickers, please try it first.

matter of fact, i have no problem recommending this vendor, i've made 2 good buys here: ebay item # 330108074007

10. wilbur

wilbur Member

Amazon has them for 10.18 .They look pretty good.

11. jared8783

jared8783 Member

i wouldn't get it Because in cae of emergency I may slam the brake too hard and flip the bike

12. skjjoe

skjjoe Member

i love mine works great it was made for a recumbent very easy to adjust the bias

13. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I'd never get one for following reasons:

a. No redundant braking. I've had a china **** metal brake lever brake on me before. Good thing I had another lever to use to stop. The lever sheared at the hinge.

b. Brake modulation. With lots of sand on roads and offroad riding, I need a separate lever to modulate the front brakes to prevent skidding while maximizing stopping power. I don't see how a single lever could be adjusted to give me maximum front braking for asphalt, asphalt littered with sand, and off road dirt trails.

14. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

I wouldn't run without one, the concerns raised are all valid but I find the benefits out weigh the negatives.

15. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Shipping is $5.49. Site sponsor (shipping = $3) is still lower cost.

16. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

works great on my bike, and I still have the coaster too! I think I got mine from sickbike parts.

17. danlandberg

danlandberg Member

I thought about using one for clutch and rear brake & the right hand lever for front brake, (the way it should be)

18. mtd91

mtd91 New Member

Yea i was going to get 1 and use it as brake/clutch lever where as you half to pull the clutch in to stop anyway.But for now i am just going to try having 3 levers on my bars and see how hard it realy is to stop and clutch and stuff.I would never put the front and rear brakes together. That is a bad idea in my opinion.Rear brake and clutch together sounds good to me.And front brake seperate oviously.

19. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

But you have to pull the clutch in to freewheel :) Going to add a pull start then? I don't see the brake/clutch pull being a good idea.

20. mtd91

mtd91 New Member

Real good point you make there.I never thought of that. No freewheeling would suck. thanks for pointing that out. I would of bought the lever for nothing cuz i dont want the rear and front brakes together.