What is going on with my clutch?

Nobody has mentioned the locking screw that locks the flower screw in place after adjustment is done , did you put it back in place ?

Yea that was fine along with everything else. I did figure out what the issue was but too late by the time I figured it out. Apparently they never put a spring behind the plate and that messed things up pretty good. I have since started over with a new kit which is also my first build. I have no way to take pics at the moment so I haven't bothered to post about it. After a week,over 100 miles,bad weather n even dumped it a couple times I haven't had a single issue. It actually runs better than the last 2 that I paid to have done when I didn't know jack. If it wasn't for this site I would still be scratchin my head for the most part. Y'all get a huge thumbs up and a thank u from this guy right here!!

Yea that was fine along with everything else. I did figure out what the issue was but too late by the time I figured it out. Apparently they never put a spring behind the plate and that messed things up pretty good. I have since started over with a new kit which is also my first build. I have no way to take pics at the moment so I haven't bothered to post about it. After a week,over 100 miles,bad weather n even dumped it a couple times I haven't had a single issue. It actually runs better than the last 2 that I paid to have done when I didn't know jack. If it wasn't for this site I would still be scratchin my head for the most part. Y'all get a huge thumbs up and a thank u from this guy right here!!

This is good , keep on getting your hands dirty and you will learn as you go .

I usually wear gloves so my hands stay pretty clean haha!
I'm workin on a friend's bike right now for a lil cash. He liked how my bike is set up so now I have another lil project.

The plate ain't ceramic but I thought the pads looked ceramic but I was told fiberglass. There was no spring under the plate. It came like that and my mechanic said that's prolly why everything is worn out.
The spring is what keeps the pressure plate against the clutch pads when you release it.

If you have the little spring on the clutch cable between the engine stay and throttle arm take it off, all it does is the make the clutch harder to pull, the spring in the clutch itself makes the pressure plate make contact.

You don't mention the make and model or even size of your engine, they are not 'all the same' but it's the flat part of your round vertical clutch arm shaft and the shaft and ball between the left side and right side to the friction plate that determines that part.

Moving the the cable connecting arm around on the vertical round shaft that has a flat spot for 'clutch off' isn't gong to change anything, if the round part of the shaft that pushes the shaft past the ball to the pressure plate is toast from wear so there is no round side it won't function.

One more key part to that is the left cover over the drive sprocket that holds the angle clutch arm parts is not attached perfectly the crucial part of the clutch arm can't work either.

Hope that helps.

66/80cc slant kit is what I've had on all my bikes. I was having some clutch issues with the bike I just built but playing with the flower nut and readjusting my cable a few times solved the issue. The back tire has always spun on every bike I've had when stopped and in what I call "neutral" position. This one was really bad but thanks to this site and all the info here I was able to find the sweet spot. It took me 40 mins since it was my first time trying this. It runs unbelievably smooth and has alot more power. No more struggling to catch/start either. It fires right up n takes off like crazy!

66/80cc slant kit is what I've had on all my bikes. I was having some clutch issues with the bike I just built but playing with the flower nut and readjusting my cable a few times solved the issue. The back tire has always spun on every bike I've had when stopped and in what I call "neutral" position. This one was really bad but thanks to this site and all the info here I was able to find the sweet spot. It took me 40 mins since it was my first time trying this. It runs unbelievably smooth and has alot more power. No more struggling to catch/start either. It fires right up n takes off like crazy!
Cool beans ;-}
Sites like this really are a boon to first time builders, I poked around for a few months before I built my first MB.

I had a an experienced builder workin on all my stuff as I slowly learned. Now I'm pretty much good to go with whatever gets thrown at me. Just went thru a downpour for the last hour and still no problems besides a flat tire I got a block away from my place. I have my old motor sittin in a box for my next project. I wanna try my hands at doin a rebuild....that'll be awhile lol

Sites like this really are a boon to first time builders, I poked around for a few months before I built my first MB.

I did exactly the same thing, and it made a world of difference as to selecting my engine and drive train options and reliability fixes.

Almost 2 months with my first build riding 30 miles a day and no issues until now. I was gonna start a new thread but since it's still clutch related I won't bother. My only problem is during startup. It don't fire right up like it used to. It's almost like the clutch drags a bit before it starts and even that is delayed and weak. Once it kicks on it sputters for about a minute before it really gets going. I've tried adjusting the flower nut and cable but no such luck. If I pick the back up while running the back tire spins when it shouldn't. This causes my idle to be a bit wacky as I call it. Any help is appreciated.

Back