What is the deal with these HT engines being from who knows where?

Lucknuts

Local time
11:13 AM
As many of you probably know, when you buy just about anything these days, even from overseas, you can most always trace your product back to the manufacturer, usually fairly easily and you can do so to get manuals and support, etc.

What is the deal with these HT engines? Are they so afraid of lawsuits or something that they think they need to make these some kind of mystery engines?

Can anyone explain this mystery product nonsense to a motorbike newb please?

You know what? I can see how normal people get banned if people like you are members. You sound like either some punk-ass kid or worse, some chinese ahole trying to defend the crap your country makes... and if you are you're sadly mistaken about how sneaky you guys think you are.

I refuse to be dragged into some BS argument about your stinky taint!

so, you got a chinese motor, had troubles cus you dont know how an engine works, got on a forum board and started flaming? good idea :)

makes me wonder who the "punk-ass kid" really is...

Yeah, I was pretty ****ed that night. My apologies. Who wouldn't be ****ed off that bought a supposedly ready to go bike engine kit and found out all this bull?

Maybe you guys are used to it. But, to an outsider, this suuuuuuuuuucks. I just wanna ride.

i know how you feel.

nothing worse than getting all excited and then push home, redfaced, all sweated up cus the thing hasnt started. all too familiar. the lack of power is invariably proportional to the number of spectators :giggle:

im in no way inclined to argue. im just saying that some companies do have reputations etc to keep, and only supply completely traceable parts. the bolts(or screws) used in a boeing airliner are all certified and can be tracked down to the guy who was operating the machine at the time they were made. liveas are at stake. millions, if not billions of dollars. rolls royce went broke cus they were stingy with the frozen geese. frozen poultry into turbines makes for broken engines. broken engines mean falling planes, mean lots of liability. they didnt test the engines thoroughly enough before commencing production. oops.

whereas mass produced cheap-ass engines for bikes that are easier and cheaper to replace than work on, just dont share the same characteristics. liability. insurance. that makes a major difference. they may have a QC sticker but who signed that sticker? some guy that was fired after two days? etc. do you think he was worried that the piston was 0.5mm undersize? or the shaft was running eccentric? not in the slightest.

i worked in a hardware once. when someone came in with a warranty claim on something sold 15 years ago (treated outdoor pine having a 20-25 year guarantee) we didnt bother trying to find evidence in the (literally) rats nest of old receipts and paper work. we just honoured the warranty. for all we knew, they could have just been a random, trying to rip us off.

ive had several bank accounts go missing. thats a fair sum of cash. all having been created before the advent of computer systems, i get this response "we have no records of that account". so why do i have an account book stating theres 2000 in this account you have no evidence of?

i also apologise as well :).

there is a big learning curve with these kits if you havent spent the last ten years fiddling with motors and the like. and im sorry you were one of the ones to have a bad time with it :( theyre worth it eventually!

Back