What is this Part from my kit?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by moun10biker, Oct 18, 2009.

1. moun10biker

moun10biker Member

I got this in my kit, and I have no idea what it is. I believe it is a tool to mount the engine, but I have never seen it used before. What is this?

Attached Files:

2. mattysids

mattysids Member

it's a u-bolt front mount

much better than drilling

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Sure is...What supplier did you buy your kit from. First time I've seen one included, but then again I've only bought 3 engines from two suppliers. The second and third included a wheel puller.

4. moun10biker

moun10biker Member

I bought my engine from bikeberry. Its a black flying horse 66cc. Thanks. I can just search on how to use the u bolt. Is it more secure than drilling?

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

If you drill, over time, there is a very, very good chance that your frame will snap in half...no I am not kidding.

6. mattysids

mattysids Member

Yes the u-bolt is much more secure

With the drill mount, then engine tends to torque to the drive side and screw up chain alignment

7. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

look...

Attached Files:

8. moun10biker

moun10biker Member

that u bolt looks different than the one I have. So drilling is bad. Should I use loctite thread locker on the bolts and screws?

9. seanhan

seanhan Member

Hey use that check to get a new frame !!!!

10. Yes put locktitie on everything you can. I drilled my bike and the chain alignment from motor torque is right on. I put a hose clamp around my frame and muffler to realign till i get my new motor mount. Heck the new motor kits im buying come with the larger hole in the motor to accept larger frame bikes.