Whats the worst thing that has happened to you while riding your motorized bike?

Was riding the shoulder doing about 30mph when my throttle stuck open. Before I figured out it'd be a smart idea to cut the engine, I was already careening over the curb. Was wearing my helmet and landed in a nice soft patch of dirt so I wasn't hurt too badly, just some bumps and bruises. The crappy part was when I started to ride home and the chain snapped; this wouldn't be a big deal on a normal setup, but since I have a shifter kit, I had to walk-of-shame the thing all the way home.

Since you are all comming back, I'll comment too, I was going kinda downhill, at 60-ish KMH (thats about 38kmh) and a hornet or I don't know what, hit me clean in my neck, the side of the throat area, i had no helmet or anything, it felt like a rock or someone shooting me with a slingshot, I panic stopped because it started being hard to breathe, i put my finger there to check what hit me, then the little f'er got mad and stung me in the throat.. Yep, then i really lost it.. i rushed back home took 2 whole allergy pills (i have to take a half daily) and laid on the bed hardly being able to breathe for a good hour.

So, what did I learn from this? wasps are evil and if I go even faster when they hit me they will probably die and not sting. :ROFLMAO:
Catching a Wasp in the mouth while riding your M/B will double your vocabulary. :ROFLMAO:

On my M/B and M/C I have gone through swarms of 🐝 bees. It's like a big black cloud ya can't avoid as ya ride through it.
Having to pull over and take off my shirt as there are a few 🐝 bees in there stinging me.

This 🐝 happens more than I would like as I live in the orchards. 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

My rear axle broke; fortunately I was only going around 5 mph.

My worst experience on a motor bike was about 53 years ago. I was 14 and my Whizzer was a fast one. It was a hot summer day in South LA. So I decided to go for a short ride past this cute girl’s house. Not a bad idea but very poor planning. All I was wearing at the time was a pair of Levis. No Shirt. No shoes, didn’t know what a helmet was.
I went flying down her street with the megaphone blaring. I must have been looking for some attention and I got some. At the end of the street you had to turn left or right. It was a β€œT” intersection. Hot day people using a lot of water. So this day the gutter was full of water. As soon as I hit it at the speed I was going the bike went out from under me. I went flying across the intersection like superman except I was on the asphalt. My face and torso got the worst of it but you haven’t lived until you have road rash on the tops of your feet.
The bike did a little flip when it hit the curb and landed in some ones front yard with the throttle stuck wide open. It was going in circles and tearing up the grass. It drew a crowd real fast they wanted to call an ambulance and the police and stuff. I fired up that Whizzer and rode it straight home with the ape hangers turned sideways. I had to get out of there quick. I was too young for any kind of license and the bike was not registered, of course. My mother didn’t even know I had built it. I knew she would not approve and she didn’t when she saw me.
A gallon or so of peroxide and some tweezers and I healed eventually. If I took a deep breath there for awhile the scabs would crack open a bleed again.
Old too soon, smart too late?
LOL YOUTH glad you survived!

Catching a Wasp in the mouth while riding your M/B will double your vocabulary. :ROFLMAO:

On my M/B and M/C I have gone through swarms of 🐝 bees. It's like a big black cloud ya can't avoid as ya ride through it.
Having to pull over and take off my shirt as there are a few 🐝 bees in there stinging me.

This 🐝 happens more than I would like as I live in the orchards. 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
LOL

I've never been stung by a wasp - bees yes, but wasp no.

A wasp's sting is a completely different league to the simple agonising pain of 4 or 5 bee stings.
To get hit in the kisser gave me more lip than Aerosmith's Steve Tyler...
LOL

I got hit 5 times by big bugs in the face but likely I had my face shield on, ha, ha.
No, once I was wearing shorts my bike lean to far over the hot motor with cooling head burned into my leg until blood gush out, it was hot as a laser!

Oh ya, there was other time there was perceptation then turned to black ice I turn off the asphalt pavement hit the cement turned into black ice bike fell out slam my back and my head was okay cuz padded with head cap slid about 25 feet bike hot the curb then I slam into the bike handle bars that push into my stomach beneath my chest damage a couple of organs, then later that night sever pain could not move my arm 2 feet to reach my phone moan in pain for 18 hours and asprin available!

Last edited:
Back