Whats up with these carburetors?

the pin that holds the tickler thing in on nt carb and that seat needle does it have to go in a certain way or can you just make sure it's in?
I would have to see a picture of the parts you're concerned with to direct you in the right direction.

Dear Fellow Motorheads-I had an NT on my Grubbee and it worked great. Does anyone notice any obvious performance improvements replacing the NT with the BoFeng?-Gearhead437

Dear Fellow Motorheads-I had an NT on my Grubbee and it worked great. Does anyone notice any obvious performance improvements replacing the NT with the BoFeng?-Gearhead437
I have posted many, many, times for about two years now of just how much better the BoFeng is over the basic NT...Maybe someone else will also chime in on their viewpoint,

Here are a variety of opinions:

In all seriousness, the BoFeng is better. Think NT V2.

- Removed the pointless primer/tickler that is prone to leaks and failure.

- Made the casting of the main body and fingers for the mount thicker and thus more durable.

- Made the needle jet with a proper emulsion style design improving fuel atomization for better low throttle fueling and responsiveness.

Honestly, for a cheap single jet carb they are hard to beat. The only way they could get better would be to add an independent idle jet and mixture adjustment, and maybe a better float design.

Honestly I went from the NT to the Bofeng on the PK80 and noticed zero performance change. I do think the Bofeng is a better design though.

Honestly I went from the NT to the Bofeng on the PK80 and noticed zero performance change. I do think the Bofeng is a better design though.
you wont see any power gains at the top. The idea of "performance" can mean many things as well. Better throttle response an fuel economy in the lower throttle positions is an improvement in the performance of the carb, if not outright power

Back