What's your dream bike if you hit lotto?

I pretty much have most of what you might call my 'dream bikes'.
In terms of just regular bicycles, I have a Barracuda A2B MTB, A British-made Hercules 3-speed, an also British-made Raleigh Sprite (which is one of my daily riders), 2 Puch road bikes (they're not top of the line but good enough for me), a camo-paint bugout bike I made out of an abandoned Diamondback Topanga, and a French Motobecane road bike.
If I hit the lotto - or if Publisher's Clearing House grace me with their presence - I'd probably outfit a couple of my road bikes with Campagnolo or vintage Huret components and see if I can still find one of those Swiss military bicycles.
As for motorized, I've got the 'Ferrari' - made from a Huffy 5-speed - I'm putting the finishing touches on the CR 40, which will be just a daily beater, not a 'dream bike' by any stretch - and in the wings waits the one that initially got me into the whole bicycle engine thing, my 1961 Schwinn Tornado ladies' model, which will be sort of a cross between a mofa and a chopper.
About as close as anything to my dream motorized bike.
If you mean motorcycles, I'm partial to dirt bikes, if I won the lottery and didn't have all these MASSIVE reservations about all the official paperwork - registration., mandatory insurance, license plates, etc. - I'd probably buy something like a KTM or Husqvarna 250 or 350.

I'd build a tadpole recumbent gas/electric self-charging hybrid. The electric motor would dub as a generator when coasting, gas only, or pedaling. This way it'd put charge back into the battery.

A Slingshot would be really cool as well. None of this will happen though because I'm on a fixed income and don't have the funds to just give away on a dream.

Back