Engine Trouble when i put the spark plug in, the back wheel becomes locked and wont turn.

This is another excellent example as to what's happening to kids in the world these days.
dads are supposed to take the time to teach their kids (boys and girls) how to fix and work on certain things. Wheather it's a car, a bicycle, a lawnmower, construction, plumbing, electrical...whatever.
There are too many people in the world these days who just throw stuff away or call someone else to fix it when it no longer works because they aren't smart enough to fix it themselves. the days of shop classes in the middle and high schools are long gone and i'm afraid that there's going to be a HUGE shortage of people who can fix and build things in the next 5-10 years. but, the few people who do pursue a mechanical career will make a killing and they will gladly take your money.
so get your kid out in the garage, teach them what an engine is, what it does, how it works and stuff like that.
get them away from the video games and cell phones for awhile and give them some hands on mechanical knowledge.
even if you are limited in mechanical knowledge, EVERYONE should know how to change their own oil, change a flat tire, replace a headlight, replace wiper blades, pack wheel bearings, change a bike tire & stuff like that.
if you can't do these types of things, i REALLY feel sorry for you.
(i'm using "you" as a general term....it's not aimed at anyone in particular)

i have to agree.i presently work with a few peoples that clearly have no mechanical aptitude.the damage caused is unnecessary had they known better.
but if it wasnt for them i would be out of a job.

my son is in an apprenticeship program for heavy equipment mechanic.
i grew up with little or nothing,had to fix stuff with what was at hand.
pass on what you know,they will thank you when they grow up.

Pretty good trick for a 9 year old. He should soon be learning how that flappy thing helps him mow the lawn!

Everyone is going on about educating the young and such but NOBODY really answered his question. Moto is one of the best bike mechanics I've seen. All ya gotta do is look at his bikes. BUT, first, educate.

IT STOPS TURNING WHEN YOU PUT THE SPARK PLUG IN. Try the right size plug. I believe the plug may be hitting the piston when it reaches the top. This will lock the engine up real good. Go to Kragen/O'Riely's and get a NGKB6HS. O'Riely's part # NGK7534. I betcha dollar's to donuts it's the problem.
Big Red.

If the engine turns full revolutions when pushed [no plug ] the chain rotates OK, * But * doesn't turn with a plug in place, the plug* might * be hitting the piston. I think it's just compression [ which is both normal,and good.] Push harder, or roll and release clutch, engine should turn, if not, pull head,and see how far down Spark Plug projects.

I agree, kids need hands on skill to manage as adults.

Last edited:
If the engine turns full revolutions when pushed [no plug ] the chain rotates OK, * But * doesn't turn with a plug in place, the plug* might * be hitting the piston. I think it's just compression [ which is both normal,and good.] Push harder, or roll and release clutch, engine should turn, if not, pull head,and see how far down Spark Plug projects.

I agree, kids need hands on skill to manage as adults.

he might have to do a depth check, with the piston at tdc and the head where the plug goes in

What about this concept: if a 9 year old is able to access the forum in the guise of someone old enough to be allowed access to the combustion chamber and it's adult content, could that not be a reason to have a good talk with the holder of the membership account.

As someone said previously: that's what passwords are for and can be changed when a 9 year old gets access to your account!

Back