Where can i park my bike?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Isaac127, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Isaac127

Isaac127 Guest

So I am new to motorized bikes. I was just wondering where I can park my motorized bike? It dosnt have a key so I can't leave it in the parking lot but I don't know If I can put it in the bike rack at my college campus
    I live in California.

2. Bike rack should be fine.

Frankfort MB's likes this.
  3. Randall

Randall Member

Bike rack. Pedals? Still considered a bicycle. : ) I use racks all the time if they are available.

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

bike rack with a couple locks would be OK - theft of these happens quite often to my customers, so be careful that it is visible so folks won't be tempted to saw off locks - NEVER forget to turn off fuel when parked

5. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

It's easy to disable the engine from firing, but does nothing to prevent the thief from pedaling it away.

That aside, I came up with a way to make sure the thief can NEVER make it start.

[​IMG]

I run new wire from the mag to the CDI, and then cap it off with a box with a keylock box epoxied to the top of the CDI.
    All it does is short the ignition wires like your kill button.
    The thing is I cut the CDI wires short that even busting the keylock box destroys the CDI, and getting a new CDI still won't be easy, my new wire colors aren't Blue and Black ;-}

You can do the same thing with a hidden toggle switch.
    The goal is simple, short the Mag wires and it won't start ;-}

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I have even seen motor scooters locked to bike racks. Go ahead and use the bike rack.