6ku fixie for motorizing?

Adrian

Local time
12:29 PM
I decided to buy a 66c/80c engine kit from bikeberry, and I am wondering if I can put the motor on a 6ku fixie. Its frame and fork is high tensile steel, tires are 28c and I am planning on mounting the 44t sprocket to my 16t fixed gear (I will have to drill holes in the sprocket). My question is should I motorize this bike or find a new bicycle?

assuming a freewheel sprocket on pedal side, 16T fixed on motor side is probably too small

Thanks. I have one more question, When I drill through the 44t sprocket to be able to mount it right on the 16t fixed gear I will only be able to use 8/9 screws/bolts that came with the kit. Will this keep the sprocket straight and aligned with the engine, or will it not give it enough support?

no idea without a pic, but I'd probably just take the 16T off and use the rag joint

Forgot to mention that I only have 32 spokes in the back and the sproket is designed for 36.

could still be done with effort, but at that point I'd just grab a different wheel - $5 at a junkyard for 5 or 7 speed, take off that freewheel and screw on your single speed (to fit frame since it is probably narrow in rear), then mount rag joint and ride

Ok one last thing, will their be a difference in speed if I were to rag joint the sprocket vs mounting to fixed gear. Lol sorry im a noob im new to motorized bicycles

Back