Engine Trouble 80cc cutting out at higher rpms HELP

Its back together at the moment, but from what i recall it all looked good underneath. Nothing broken, loose or crooked.
It's a shame s**t happens but it's all part of the game.It is cheaper and easier to replace the topend now and start fresh,New rings will seat sure but then the life span of the jug is already questionable as is the wrist pin and bearing along with the piston,and if they let go then your into much greater expence,It's your choice of course just trying to help!

Thanks for everyone's help.

It's only got 350 miles on it so i never thought there was blow by or other internal issues. Well, now I have a new carb with 3 jets to choose from and a better ignition + plug. :)

Bet ya never pulled of that piston. Might wana take a look at that wrist pin. Just a guess. s**t don't look like that in 350 miles. Those rings look like the rim on a nun's dildo. f*** it I'm savin it.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean here. Pulled it 'off'? If so, yes, its in my hand in the picture.
Ya your right. I'm a idiot. Something is f***ed up though with what you got. 350 miles, polished rings, and blow by up the ass, s**tload of little white specks on top of the piston. Aw what the hell, just do the ring job.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threw the 4 gasket set on along with the rings and she is a freakin beast. Hit 44 on a slight downhill, 38 on dead flat, and held 30 up a fairly long incline. Sounds and feels real smooth too.

I actually had to give it some choke til it was warmed up, gradually pulled the choke back after warm.

I am back to standard timing btw, so what i have also done from when it went bad was rings and gaskets, new ignition, drop from a 70 to a 66 jet and a new carb. I think its also leaned out on the top end, it keeps wanting to rev to where i actually held back on the downhill.

I just let her rip since worst case was get a new piston or jug, i hope she does as well in the morning

I'll get some video for all you guys, and thanks

Oh, here is what the piston and cylinder look like while rebuilding it tonight. Cylinder is quite smooth and bottom of piston and pin looks fine. DSC09298.JPG DSC09299.JPG DSC09303.JPG

Last edited:
Back