A 10+hp pocket bike engine for $160!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice!! That bike must be able to push 50!! THere is a guy called Kawasaki999 I think it is, he's running a rack mounted GP460 engine, they are very high performance go-ped scooter engines, I think they are around 4.5 horse (heres a video of one on a bike: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkF04SaSKJo) and his bike goes over 50. Do you have any pictures or video? Not just me but I'm sure everybody would love to see it!

Fastboy

Last edited:
Myron welcome back!! It's good to hear that you're doing well. I have questions about your Staton pocketbike setup. I am planning on giving this a shot with the GP460 engine mentioned earlier in this post. any pointers are more than welcome.

Hey Vyzhion,

Thanks for the welcome. Weren't you fussing with a Schwinn Skyliner last year? How did it pan out? I played with a Skyliner, tried mounting my dual-engined frame mount. I gave up and gave the bike to my brother-in-law because the bike sat too high for comfort(short legs).

Fastboy, I'm just trying to keep up with traffic to/from work. Impatient drivers here tend to want to scare you off the road. I had 2 close calls last week.

Vyzhion, shoot me a pm about your project questions.

Myron

I Found The 10+hp Engine!!!

It's been a year since I misplaced my high-performance pocket bike engine.

Guess what I found today, tucked away in my storage unit?

My 10+hp pocketbike engine!!

It'll be on one of my future projects, either Staton gear or friction drive.:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a guy build a chain-drive bike from a 5 hp snowblower engine, a BMX wheel welded to tabs welded to the 26" murray wheel, and he ran it 35mph. Looked like it held up ok. But it didn't use the spokes to drive the bike.

So what kind of motor did you get on Fleabay? The link is dead. I looked at the pocketbikes website someone linked to. The 10hp 2x engines are 500-800+.

I laughed so hard the first time I saw adults riding pocketbikes. I had one for a while that I got cheap. It was fun and I laughed with the people laughing at me. I know it was funny looking. But I was going to put the engine on a bike: Some ******* stole it first. Oh well.

Glad to see you can mount a pocketbike engine on a bicycle and get a commuter vehicle out of it.

My wife says people commute on pocketbikes in the Florida keys though. hahahaa.

Well, I installed the high-powered pocketbike onto friction drive and my Trek bike. Even with a new Walbro carb, I was never able to keep it running. On its virgin ride, the engine died and wouldn't start. When I checked the timing, I found one strange thing...

THERE WAS NO TIMING KEYWAY, NOT EVEN THE KEYWAY SLOT ON THE CRANK!:sick:

I was never able to restart the engine or retime the ignition, so I removed it and shelved it.

Sounds like somebody goofed! Can you cut a keyway?

Do you want to sell it? I bet you could sell it for a good price, even being honest.

Depending on how hard the shaft is, you may be able to do it with dremel stuff.

But figuring out where to mark and machine the timing key will be a chore! Perhaps someone got it that way deliberately so they could machine an advanced keyway on it.

Well, I installed the high-powered pocketbike onto friction drive and my Trek bike. Even with a new Walbro carb, I was never able to keep it running. On its virgin ride, the engine died and wouldn't start. When I checked the timing, I found one strange thing...

THERE WAS NO TIMING KEYWAY, NOT EVEN THE KEYWAY SLOT ON THE CRANK!:sick:

I was never able to restart the engine or retime the ignition, so I removed it and shelved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.