ADARacing...great parts, lousy personality

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah....seems a merchant would know they can do that, so "there's nothing i can do" takes on a whole new meaning...

i should mention that, so far as my CC company is concerned, the transaction is pending, so it was not them who kicked the deal, it was the ADA checkout system.

all the excitement is gone...i'll be looking for ANY alternative to ADA products.

Last edited:
Brooks at ADA is a good guy, but he is a one man show. I've been dealing with him for years and he's still in it for the customer.

But.... the Juicebox is just another version of a Boost Bottle. A boost bottle is an intake resonance chamber. The formula for a properly sized intake resonance chamber is no less than 1x engine size up to 1.25 engine size. So, a 50cc engine needs at least a 50cc 'volume'. Sadly, the juice box does not meet this space requirement as it is only about 16cc's of volume.

The KOSO boost bottle however does. It is a true 50cc bottle. Same price bracket, but a more flexible design allows more mounting options for the MotorBiker.

KOSO BOOST BOTTLE HERE

i understand your input, SD'...and appreciate it. since i have to provide service myself, i do understand. i also believe they're nice folks or they wouldn't have such a following. i've not worried about being ripped off, this isn't about character, it's purely about personal attention when it's warranted. i recieved none, or recieved it after the fact. i just got off the phone with ADA & was told "yeah...i got the number you sent...i'll get to it in a little while..."

how am i supposed to feel about this? i sent that info early & prolly could have seen my money by end of business...oh, well, maybe tomorrow...grrr

anyways. i know what to expect from "boost"...my 32 sports a homemade pulse-tube, measured carefully for displacement match, it does what i expect & nothing more.

i specifically want the juicebox for my 40 because it meets my mounting needs exactly, clean and simple, i believe (incorrectly?) it is a displacement match, and apparently a high-quality offering, too.

but those guys are ticking me off, sometimes you have to break into routine to solve an unexpected problem...once i have the money back i still want to buy the box, i can't be any more "understanding" than that.

Last edited:
so, this started monday morning...it's now thursday, i'm still sitting on my thumbs waiting for the return of my money.

augidog,

Dont sit on yer thumbs bro... use those digits and give Brooks a call.

Let him know that Jim from San Diego prompted you to call. Be nice and see what happens.

that implies i wasn't initially "nice"...which i was, all the way until they blamed the problem on me or my card-company.

i've called or emailed everyday...ADA no longer asserts it was my card-company's fault, and they've been slightly more conciliatory, but it's still thursday & i still don't have my money...i don't think another call is gonna change things.

Last edited:
My bad---

I honestly did not mean to imply that you were not nice. Sorry if it came out that way.

shoot, i know yer only trying to help, but this has gone beyond ridiculous to outrageous. i'm tired of asking for good service, & i need the funds back on my card so i can shop elsewhere.

Check this bro, even the best companies screw up.

If you feel you have reached the retail brick wall, grab your credit card, flip it over and call the 1800 number. Talk to the CC Company and have the charges reversed.

Its my own personal (professional retail) experience that the customer gets all the preference with the card company. They do not hesitate to snatch funds from a retailer.

I play by the 3 strikes rule. If he's gotten his three pitches and struck out, its time to go to the referee for the call on the play. Your strength is with the card company, but you only have 45 days. Don't delay, make the call this morning and set the stopwatch to see it get resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back