Anyone Have Experince With Magneto 12 Volt Generator?

coil 006.jpg I get a measured 9.25 watts at 4300RPM no reduction in spark at plug measured and I have checked with std and OZ coil, this is just an example when I was checking many lights.

Last edited:
So what did you do different than I did? My bike wont run with the little generator in place. did not matter if the wire was hooked up or not. I tried going through a diode, straight to a 12v led bulb and no spark to engine. I tried stock cdi and sc cdi.

Is this one of the mini-gens? If so make sure nothing is touching the magnet. Need to trim those things. I did mine.

I took mine off sti
So what did you do different than I did? My bike wont run with the little generator in place. did not matter if the wire was hooked up or not. I tried going through a diode, straight to a 12v led bulb and no spark to engine. I tried stock cdi and sc cdi.
I took mine or rather it fell off thing rob me of juice bike lag Gazbikes owes me though $30.00 is stiff for junk that does not work and falls to pieces, sorry would have been great 24 hr asset could charge phone other accessories during day including lights.

Ok so tell me did you have it with the iron plates touching or a space between? What direction was it facing? Tabs on top or underneath the magneto?

I had mine tabs on top. I'm not using it. I'm going to the very bright light set up. 12 v generator in front of down tube and belt drive off the crank (small bevel gear). Pulleys should be here any day now. Puts out 12 v at 3500 rpm and 24 v at 9000 rpm. Pulley sizes to keep the generator speed down to about 4500 rpm at my top speed of 39.8 mph. According to the gear ratio calculator, and my phone GPS, 39.0 mph = about 9000 rpm. I am using a regulator to drop voltage to 8.4 v. I have a 6 cell 18650 Li-Ion battery pack. Regulator, Balance charging and over charge protection.

I will try it that way. I have a 12v 10ah sla battery to power my Harley Davidson headlight with led bulb, led taillight and led light under my crank. I usually have to recharge it once a week or so. I am hoping this little gen through a 5w diode will keep it charged. In Texas, Motorcycles have to have lights on and since my 212cc 29er will do 56 mph I dont push my luck.

Back