Anyone Have Experince With Magneto 12 Volt Generator?

MORE BAD f***ING NEWS HAVENT HOOK UP A LIGHT AS YET THING HAS BEEN SHORTING MY SYSTEM OUT WENT TO TAKE IT OFF THE DAMN TAB FELL OFF DID NOT BREAK IT FELL OFF Any one has experince I want to solder it back on and solder the other one before itt breaks what would happen If I drag the solder across the plates will that ruin it even further?

Are you talking about the metal tab that goes under the coil mounting screw, if so use epoxy, and not JB Weld it is conductive. I have disconnected the lighting coil wire that goes to ground and have both ends of the coil going to the rectifier.

Are you talking about the metal tab that goes under the coil mounting screw, if so use epoxy, and not JB Weld it is conductive. I have disconnected the lighting coil wire that goes to ground and have both ends of the coil going to the rectifier.
IMG_20171223_092006.jpg
Have you tried that your self to see if crazy glue would work?
There is a tiny wire that is solder to the tab that must be solder or it ain't gonna f***ing work.

You can see it better here a blottch of solder and a very tiny wire stub sticking out they must be connected.
IMG_20171223_094616.jpg
IMG_20171223_094616.jpg

I thinketh my next step is to go to an auto parts store find the smallest alternator for car then go to a bone yard buy it used probably 30 bucks or less niger rig it to my tire as a friction roller get maybe 5 amps out of it not miliamps like this one might spit out then I can go to any auto parts place get light that crank out big time lumens.

Fisrt try to get a refund out of gazbikes is like trying to get blood out of a turnip doughbt I'll get it.

That wire must be connected to your circuit but not necessarily to ground, solder a wire to it and disregard the ground, the plates are laminated together usually with varnish to isolate them from each other. Epoxy will do, when I do my final mount I will epoxy the coil on, will be stronger and less vibration prone then the tabs.

I would attempt using soldering iron tinner and a small torch to really heat up a soldering iron, try to scratch it (the tinning material) onto the metal that was under the tab to get a solder accepting surface going, then tin the underside of the tab, put a tiny little bit of solder (like a 1/3rd of a grain of rice sized) on the armature and lay the other tab on top and press with a very hot iron to flow the solder between and bond them. Then very carefully solder the wire to its ground on top of the tab.

Sad s**t the generator tabs fell off then the red wire fell off I took it into ubreakifix nice technician guy took him a hour to solder it back together.

My lights arrive from China 12-85 volts put on had about 1 candle watt too dangerous to ride top that off it rob the motor of power had take it off to get uphill to get home.
Apex total loss $40.00
Gaz bike so far found has a half magneto that butts up with the common magneto for bike lighting with out leaching from the stock magneto it producer 12 volts how many miliamps I ponder.

Also seen seen some guy on zootube with one but there hard to seaqrch for cuz throws one into different catgories too popular.

And is that why they would call this a generator because produces DC current and I think magnetos produce AC

I got a Solar Flood light f**k work really good 7500 lumens but the damn brain has a lose short dought if Ican pull the ribits out to fix it.

Anyone got a link to 12 volt LED around a thousand lumens or more?
Gaz bike so far found has a half magneto that butts up with the common magneto for bike lighting with out leaching from the stock magneto it producer 12 volts how many miliamps I ponder.

Also seen seen some guy on zootube with one but there hard to seaqrch for cuz throws one into different catgories too popular.

And is that why they would call this a generator because produces DC current and I think magnetos produce AC

I got a Solar Flood light f**k work really good 7500 lumens but the damn brain has a lose short dought if Ican pull the ribits out to fix it.

Anyone got a link to 12 volt LED around a thousand lumens or more?

coil 004.jpg coil 005.jpg This is one of three lights I have lit up with the coil, this is a Harbor Freight free flashlight led board. With this setup I can run any 3 cell flashlight, more than bright enough!

View attachment 80491 View attachment 80492 This is one of three lights I have lit up with the coil, this is a Harbor Freight free flashlight led board. With this setup I can run any 3 cell flashlight, more than bright enough!
It does not look very bright for motor bike 500 lumens to begin with. Yours is not mounted on your bike did you read what I said it robs power so its done trash deal the idea of hope goes in garbage can otherwise I would search another lite.

Back